1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Court forced chemo

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It is interesting to think about the way medical science has changed many people's concept of moral (good) vs immoral (sin) and thus their associated emotions, though cultural influences also play strongly into it all.

When cancer wasn't something that could be battled, people who accepted their path in life with grace were held in very high esteem, with words like "brave, courageous," and "heroic." Now, those who do not actively clutch to every chance at a cure, despite possible negative lifelong effects, are called "stupid, crazy, " or ignorant."

One can be brave, or heroic, or courageous no matter what they choose. They can approach whatever their choice is with grace.

A long time ago I provided hands on end of life care. The grace with which some people handled their situation really affected me and broke my attitude concerning the capabilities of the human spirit. In the end, however long or short that may be, I feel that the manner in which people live is the strongest indicator of morality, and do not feel that medical preferences to imposed circumstances should be much used to gauge a person's morality.