1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covenant Marriage

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by El_Guero, Mar 21, 2005.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Have any Pastors conducted or been involved with a Covenant Marriage?

What are the Pro's and are the any Con's ...

2. Dina

Dina New Member

What is a covenant Marriage?

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

arent all marriages a covenant?

4. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

They should be, PSBC1303. If I recall, I believe it may have been Louisiana that adopted as law covenant marriages, if, in fact, this is what Bro. Wayne is referring to. I believe it is a decision made by couples when they apply for their marriage license, and there are restrictions on divorce if you accept it. Can you imagine a young bride-to-be's reaction to her future husband's rejection the covenant marriage route. Of course, I may be barking up the wrong tree in my preception of Bro. Wayne's OP.

5. P_Barnes

P_Barnes New Member

I've always thought that "they" should just reverse the processes for marriage and divorce. It should cost $50,000, take 10 months, and require both sides to hire a lawyer to get married. But it should take $30 and two days to get divorced.

6. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

It would definately reduce the number of marriages, thereby reducing the number of divorces; however, wouldn't the alternative be just to 'shack up'. Not that it isn't being done by large numbers already.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Welllll Barnes is definitely not in a covenent marriage ...

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Biblically, yes, legally no.

Depends ...
    Legally it is a marriage option available in Arizona, Louisiana, & Arkansas.

Biblically, a marriage is a covenent between a man and a woman before God. The promise is made and never broken, "Until death do us part". Just as God has made promises and does not break them, so to should a husband and wife. It is the promise to love and cherish and not be self seeking ...

SoooOOOO, I guess no one has?