1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured COVENANTALISM (Questions & Concerns)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My beliefs are
    Very simple.....starting in Genesis 18 :25 where Abe pleads for Sodom....there is one line in there I rest much of my belief in (same as Abraham, "Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God baptizes infants. Faith Alone sends them to hell.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please tell me where you get that!

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

All you have to do is tell me all infants already have faith alone OR salvation is by faith WITH THE EXCEPTION of infants, which is not faith alone.

If the only way up is taking the stairs and then folks are taking an elevator, You cannot claim SOLA STAIRS.

This is not rocket science.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell me then......what about children who are born without any capacity to reason/ brain damaged........can they make a profession of faith? Do they go to heaven or hell when they die?

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

My God is a Loving God, pure good. Its not even a debate or problem at all.
    My God's condition is not FAITH ALONE.

Jesus Christ has the great mercy to handle that situation. I can say with a glad heart every child will be saved.

In my faith LOVE is paramount. AGAPE<--if you want to get technical on what kind of love.

Agape (Ancient Greek: ἀγάπη, agápē) is "love: the highest form of love, charity; the love of God for man and of man for God." Not to be confused with "philēo" – brotherly love – agápē embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances.

Love is God. Love is greater then faith. Love is the good works of LOVE God and LOVE neighbor. Love enemies.

1 Corinthians 13 is the backbone of all scripture.

God is Love- Most of us don't have trouble with that.

A Catholic however will also say LOVE is GOD.

Some folks don't accept Love is God,

Anyone who can tell the difference between Love and God does not understand both and has a lot to learn about both.

1 Corinthians 13

1If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
    4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the RC world then, what happens to a child that dies without being baptized?

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

Heaven.

Think of people who are mentally disabled....They can't even comprehend any of this stuff.

Heaven.

God is Love. Nothing but Kindness, Love and Compassion.

That intensity and passion you have for defending innocent children, you can't top Jesus.