1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Created for Good Works

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed, Feb 22, 2015.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I can agree with that as it is written.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God made Israel, did God fail to make Israel well?

It appears even though God made Israel, God made Israel with a freewill to succeed or fail...or otherwise it would be said that God did not make Israel well...seeing how the tool failed...

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not real certain David was "quick to repent" of his sin. First of all, David knew full well going into it that it was sin and he choose to do it anyways. Many a preachers will preach that this is a sign the person was never saved to begin with. Secondly, David showed no desire of repentance until God sent Nathan to confront him.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh: I am directly dealing with the premise!!!!!!!!!!!!! I quoted your premise!!! You laid the foundation using Israel and then went to Eph 2

#24 steaver, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Guess what? You are in the Calvinism vs Arminianism debate category. Do you think their is an Cal vs Arm controversy over whether or not good works follow true conversion?

Now I responded directly to your premise that Israel is a tool God made and is a tool that failed. So why the refusal to defend your premise?

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is my finding...

This is a good example of how confused Calvinist can get and they do not even realize their contradictions. Or they do realize it but choose to ignore it and hope any light shed on it goes away.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's usually what I get when the questions get tough. But I believe asking the tough questions is what exposes truth from error. Many simply don't want to face their contradictions they post, but that doesn't help them understand truth from error, it only hinders their understanding and growth. But the important part is there are dozens if not hundreds of silent observers watching to see the responses. If I can help them avoid the errors many have made then I have done my good works for the day.

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    no stever it is just an example of you failing to answer the bell. You were asked to participate biblically and answer the questions and you fail once again because of your agenda

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you still mad because of the checkmate I put you in on the TULIP and John 10 Sheep debate? Hey, I just hold people accountable to their own words. :wavey:

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    fact is you didn't do anything in the other thread just like you didn't do anything here it's all happening in your imagination but on the actual Baptist board you're not answering you're not able to respond biblically . You post your foolish little comments then retreat

11. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

And why is this in the Calvinism/Arminianism debate room?

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key point though here is that AFTER we have been saved, then God expects to see us walking in Him and doing those good works, as fruit of us already having been saved by him, not a requirement to get saved by him!

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The OP never made that ascertion to begin with. This post is a non-sequitor...

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mistake, as I thought that it was hinting at the question of 'easy believism" Christianity!