1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creation questions

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by David J, May 17, 2005.

1. icthus

icthus New Member

Craig, and those doubters of the Truth here on this board, I would like to ask this. Do you take literally the "Longest Day" as recorded in Joshua chapter 10; and, the shadow going "ten degrees backward" in 2 Kings chapter 20?

Another thing. I think that it is quite disgraceful for you guys to attack the credability of those Scientists at AIG and CRI. Men like Drs Morris, Whitcombe and Gish. Is clearly shows how pompous you guys can be when you simply write off as liars these godly men, and attack their work as being dishonest. May the Lord have mercy on you. How dare you suggest that these men do not do their work in an honest manner, but have spend the past fifty or so years in telling us a pack of lies!

Can you not see that all you are doing, is the work of satan himself, whose job is to destroy the testimony of the Truth of Scripture. And is using people like yourself to do it.

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Amen Icthus.

Basically, if Craig or Rob agree with the scienctists conclusion, he is right, and if they disagree with the conclusion he is "a liar and a crackpot."

As to the animals. The simple fact is, cattle and horses are not the same today as they were when I was a little girl. My Uncle worked cattle all my life, and we used to have long discussions about how certain things had changed them. Stockyard vs free range, hormone injections, specialized breeding - all of these have produced larger, fatter cattle meant to produce more meat.

Don't tell me they are the same today as they were in Noah's day. You know, my museum doesn't even tell me that! My museum shows "ancient" animals and pigmy horses.

There is one part of your post I'll grant you though -

There may have been a tremendous explosion in the earth's animal population since the flood.

The rainbow didn't exist before the flood.
    Rain didn't exist early in the bible either.

You need to either admit you don't believe God performs miracles, or admit you do. You can't sit on a fence and say, "Well, okay, he can do SOME miracles, but not that one, because I don't understand that one."

Is it any wonder that God forbade man the tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden? He knew man would foolishly think a little knowledge made man smarter than God.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

We all know that it was there before Noah was born and that it is there now. Are you suggesting that Noah's dog ate Mount Everest the day before the flood? Talk about ridiculous! :eek:

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Just how do we know it was there before Noah was born?

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Please look at my posts in "Errors In Science" for a list of just a few scientists (and some of them have credentials listed) who believe in Creation.