1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creationist Website Challenge

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Paul of Eugene, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Matthew 16:24

Matthew 16:24 New Member

You Monkey's er... I mean evolutionist are going to have to do better than that. [​IMG]
    No, seriously lets not discredit the YEC websites just because they have a couple of errors. instead, debunk all their points, which would be more challenging and fun. [​IMG]

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Well, of course you have a valid point. Just because somebody messes up on the 2nd law of thermodynamics doesn't necessarily mean their argument against the geological column is all wrong.

On the other hand, I think you'll have to agree that we who have accepted what God has really done in terms of common ancestry of all life and creation of the universe in deep time have not been shy about addressing ALL the issues on these sites.

In my own small way I'm pointing out that really top notch science work - the kind that doesn't have a science blunder every few pages or so - simply doesn't coincide with creationist web sites.

It's a kind of backwards approach to the issue of evolutionism and age of the earth. If those who oppose the findings of science can't do good science, what does that say about their complaints about science?

By the way, do you have a web site in mind that might pass the challenge?

3. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

I am the author of the other creationism string in the forum.

I thought I would submit some humor to the string with a twist on something G.K. Chesterton said regarding theism/atheism. I do think there is some truth to the humor though. Here it is:

The arguments against creationism are easily dealt with. There are no arguments against creationism!

Sincerely,

Ken

[ February 29, 2004, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: kendemyer ]

4. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

It is not just a couple of errors. If someone cannot get the basic things right, how can we expect them to get the more complicated things right that follow from those initial, faulty assumptions? Worse, often these mistakes are central to their argument, such as the misunderstanding of entropy behind the widely popular 2LOT line. Even when the way it really works is pointed out, they continue to fall back on the misunderstandings because it supports what they believe. Do I find problems in mainstream stuff. Often. But it is always a side issue and never central to the argument.

If you have a site that you would like us to go line by line, let us have it. Now if you say something like AIG you will have to narrow it down a bit. But the mistakes are easy to find on all of them. Can you find any mistakes on the sites we have cited?