1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Cremation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Mar 26, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My friend had her horse cremated just last May. There were two choices: $1000 to have him brought to New Jersey and put in the dump or else $2000 to have him cremated. She had him since he was just 3 years old and he was now almost 33. I personally have ridden him for 26 years myself! There was no way they could think of Starr being dumped in a trash heap. :(

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Corinthians 13:3
    And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profits me nothing. ​

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk of prooftexting . . .

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it Comes to Cremation....

...it may be wise to not make and "ash" of yourself! I hope I haven't broken any board rules with this comment??? If this is too close to cursing, feel free to delete it and forgive me.

Sorry, I couldn't help but add that. As for the subject of cremation, I am still hesitant about going that way. There is something about the thought of my remains being burnt to a crisp that makes me extremely uneasy. And yes I know I will no longer be in the body. It is just unsettling, and even though I don't like the thought of being drained and filled (with embalming fluids) with burial fluids, there are not too many other options.

I have thought seriously about being buried, like they do in Jewish faith. I know they have to bury you quickly, and that you turn to dust that much more quickly, but it beats the thought of cremation and embalming what remains of the only life I've ever known.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Ann...

...we have creamated all of our pets, and each one shares one of two grave plots we paid for at Gateway Pet Cemetary. If I had the money, I'd have simply buried them, but creamation is much less. As for burying them in my yard, I simply don't have enough room, and our city ordinances frown on this practice.

We choose to use a pet cemetary rather then letting our pets be sent off to the rendering plant (WARNING - these two sites can be graphic and disturbing to pet lovers, but we need to know the truth about pet disposal processes) http://www.realfoods.net/renderingplant.html http://www.rense.com/general39/animal.htm), or what I call Soylent Green by-products. I certainly don't want to think that my pet is serving as the base product in someone's facial cream or bars of soap, or worse. :tear:

#25 righteousdude2, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We cremated or buried at home. Unfortunately, my friend's horse couldn't be buried at home as much as we wanted to so it was the dump (if that's where he would actually go) or cremation so cremation it was.

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You advised her...

...well! Thanks for keeping our pets dignity from being...trashed.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you imagine sending your pet - she had Starr for 30 years!! - to a dump???????????? No way.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That explains Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Mitch McConnell, the ape ancestor part anyhow.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And NBC News will be there with live (or dead) coverage, 9 eastern, 8 central.

11. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

For those who oppose cremation how do you address those martyrs that God led to be burned at the stake for their faith?

12. ChristianLady1978

ChristianLady1978 New Member

Persobally, I believe God created man from dust once. He can do it again if we get cremated. I have no preference. When I am dead I won't care what happens to my corpse.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

LOL, sounds like the Church of Christ trying to explain the thief on the cross.

14. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

It was just a question.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not a matter of addressing such a matter. God is omnipotent and can do anything including resurrecting every molecule, every atom, of a martyr once burned at the stake. I never question the omnipotence of God. But at the same time that knowledge of what God is able to do would not change my mind of what constitutes a proper burial, according to the examples given in the Bible.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

One thing you pointed out that got me to thinking (an accomplishment in itself) is the effort Abraham went through to bury his family. The burial of Joseph also follows the same pattern.

I guess the ultimate example is the way the body of our Lord was handled. His preperation and burial were done with great care. Every detail had a meaning, down to the folded garments at His Resurection. The thought of the Lord being cremated just seems wrong.

I still do not have a good argument against the practice, but you got me to see it in a different light, and for that I thank you.

17. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Did all that thinking make your head hurt? It does mine.

Seriously, I'm thinking that how we dispose of the dead is more a function of the culture than theological.

18. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That.:thumbsup: