1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crescent City

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

New Orleans was once nicknamed the Crescent City but now it seems maybe the mayor wants to change that to Chocolate City:

According to a FoxNews report Mayor Nagin said Monday: "It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans - the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans. This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

I wonder in which cities he believes God wants there to be a majority of other races?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He put his mouth in motion without his brain(if he has one) being in gear once again.

He's already apologizing profusely. ;)

3. mioque

mioque New Member

And rightly so.
    This is truly no different than any caucasian mayor expressing the hope that everything is going to be all white in his city.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True.

If you can find one.

5. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Yes, I heard the guest host on Rush Limbaugh talking about this, and I also heard Sean Hannity talking about it as well.

This is a non-story. There are some real issues and problems in New Orleans. Yet this is the subject that is discussed. :rolleyes:

Regards,
    BiR

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

This is what happens when you elect a Cox cable salesman as mayor with no other real experience.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the biggest problems with New Orleans is they have a irresponsible finger pointing idiot for a mayor.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Ha! Mayor Nagin IS a problem for New Orleans, Louisiana, and the USA. His performance, attitude, and comments are expensive - in dollars and reputation - to all three.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Indeed, much like placing someone like Brown at FEMA, who was an even bigger disaster than the Mayor.

A Mayor that was elected by the people of New Orleans........

Much like Brown was a problem for the entire nation while he was "doing a heck of a job" over at FEMA.

Like I said, a non-story.

Regards,
    BiR

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Sounds like a big story to me! It's just one that some folks don't want to hear because the colors are reversed.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

A city in a state that are both being given large amounts of money by the people of the whole nation.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't say much for the judgement of the people of New Orleans. Especially if he gets re-elected. :eek:

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Doesn't say much for the judgement of the people of New Orleans. Especially if he gets re-elected. :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]Nagin believes the "chocolate city" line will help him get reelected. He's just "sorry" his comments were written down for the rest of the country to read.

14. Baptist in Richmond

Nope, not even close.
    There are serious issues going on right here in this country, not to mention Iraq and Iran. Comments made by a mayor hardly compare to those.

Regards,
    BiR

15. Baptist in Richmond

Perhaps you should worry less about politicians in other cities and concentrate on your own... like the ones who redrew the districts in the Lone Star State......

Like I said: a non-story.

Regards anyway,
    BiR

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you should worry less about politicians in other cities and concentrate on your own... like the ones who redrew the districts in the Lone Star State......

Like I said: a non-story.

Regards anyway,
    BiR
    </font>[/QUOTE]You may be right, but at least efforts at redistricting didn't kill anyone. Nagin should be charged with depraved indifference for letting so many of his citizens die without even trying to evacuate them..

Redistricting is a joke. Nagin killed people.

If in your mind, they are somehow equivilent...

nevermind.

17. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

He probably didn't know the cameras were on when he made the remark. Nagin will probably not be re elected nor Governor Blanco. They are the two main reasons for the failures that occured there. Nagin has made few friends within the African American community.

New Orleans may end up being more Latin American and will most likely end up being a small port city in La. with Baton Rouge becoming the main city.

18. Baptist in Richmond

So, it is all Nagin's fault? I see....

He killed people? I see....

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown seems to indicate otherwise:
    [Source]

This is a brazen case of misrepresentation. The concept of killing people is one that you have introduced into the discussion, not me. Unless you can show us where I wrote anything about killing people, stop bearing false witness!!
    And by the way, if you are going to misrepresent my comments in the future, the least you could do is utilize a spell checker......

Regards anyway,
    BiR

19. Baptist in Richmond

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown seems to indicate otherwise.....

Regards,
    BiR

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, it is all Nagin's fault? I see....

He killed people? I see....

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown seems to indicate otherwise:
    [Source]

This is a brazen case of misrepresentation. The concept of killing people is one that you have introduced into the discussion, not me. Unless you can show us where I wrote anything about killing people, stop bearing false witness!!
    And by the way, if you are going to misrepresent my comments in the future, the least you could do is utilize a spell checker......

Regards anyway,
    BiR
    </font>[/QUOTE]Shame on you. You're slipping up. Where is your favorite "abject fatuity" hammer? [​IMG]