1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cricket - The Third Ashes Test

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Bob Farnaby, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Australia verses England, 3rd Ashes Test .. being Played at the WACA in Perth, Western Australia.

Day 1
    Australia won the toss and chose to bat
    Australia first Innings 244 runs, all out.
    England first Innings 50 runs for 2 wickets down

Looks like it could be a real contest based on today's play. England did well in bowling Australia out for 244, the performances of Panesar (5 wickets for 92 runs) and Harmison (4 wickets for 48 runs) were outstanding. Highlights the error of not playing Panesar in the first two tests. Also Hussey, 74 runs not out, put on a good performance - again showing a question as to why the Australian selectors didn't pick him about 4 years before they did.

Look forward to the next few days play :)

full scorecard http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/249224.html

Regards
    Bob

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am amused by the dedication shown by so many to a most stultifyingly boring game played by men old enough to know better.....I would rather do cardiac surgery on myself with chopsticks:smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup:

3. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly my thoughts on fishing and ballet dancing, :laugh:

Think its just a case of other people's recreation activities bore those not involved.

Please remember to sharpen the chopstics first, should make the operation easier :thumbs:

Regards
    Bob

4. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Day two ...

Ahh well, unfortunately England didn't live up to the promise of the first day, all out for 215 runs, giving Australia a first innings lead of 29, which by close of play on day 2 had been extended to 148 runs for the loss of 1 wicket. Looks like Australia will rack up another win, regain the ashes, and top world ranking.

Australia First innings 244 runs - all out
    England First Innings 215 runs - all out
    Australia Second innings 119 runs for the loss of 1 wicket.

Play will continue today, day 3. Questionable wether the game will run to the fifth day, could be all over tomorrow.

Full Scorecard http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/249224.html

Regards
    Bob

5. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Day Three

Australia's Day .....

Australia scored over 400 runs today ... an outstanding score. Centuries to Hussey, Clarke, and Gilchrist. Adam Gilchrist's hundred was the fastest ever in Ashes tests, second fastest in all Test history against any country. And they did this while England wasn't bowling badly!!

Australia First Innings 244 runs all out
    England first Innings 215 all out
    Australia Second Innings 527 for 5 wickets, declaied
    England Second Innings 19 runs for 1 wicket .. continue tomorrow

Full Scorecard http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/249224.html

Regards
    Bob

6. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Day Four

A good day by England, Bell and Cook batted well for England, keeping them in the game for a large part of the day. Cook especially batted well, making a century and staying there almost all day. At the end of the day Australia took a couple of quick wickets, giving them the almost certanty of a win tomorrow. At least England made tham work for ir:)

Australia First Innings 244 runs, all out
    England first Innings 215 runs, all out
    Australia Second Innings 527 runs for five wickets - declared
    England Second Innings 265 runs for five wickets, play continues tomorrow.

England need another 292 runs to win, Australia need to take five wickets to win. One day's play left

Full scorecard http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/match/249224.html

Regards
    Bob

7. Bob Farnaby

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Day Five

Australia Won ....... by a margin of 206 runs, with 2 sessions to spare. Today Petersen and Flintoff showed some resistance, but after Flintoff was dismissed the rest of the ZEngland side fell apart.

Australia regained the Ashes by beating England for the 3rd time in this series. Another 2 matches to play, but the next doesn't start until Boxing Day, in Melbourne.

Full Scorecard at http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausveng/engine/current/match/249224.html?view=scorecard

The Ashes
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38311000/jpg/_38311869_urn150.jpg

8. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Best wishes for the Christmas Season Bob and to your family...I guess you would find my passion for mah jong eye rolling:sleep: .....I am thrilled out of my cotton socks that we thrashed the English, almost as good as walloping the New Zealanders.:wavey: