1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cruz and Carsongate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Did they really do this?O O

2. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

Sounds like something I might expect from the Donald. I hope it isn't true that Cruz had anything to do with it directly. Wonder how they would determine just how many votes it cost Carson, and that is assuming anyone changing their vote, voted for Cruz, and not another candidate.

I thought I saw that there is some questionable stuff going on in the Dem counts, too.

This is just the first one, and it is full of controversy.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

First it's voter shaming and now Carsongate it's called "Cruz control".

Canadian politicking at it's best?

4. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I had hopes for Carson, then he entered the race, and those hopes were gone. Between his background, and a little research into his religious background, I couldn't see him as a good candidate.

Still wouldn't justify what happened, if it really happened.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

One day after winning the Iowa caucuses, Cruz issued an apology to Carson after his staff falsely told Iowa caucusgoers that Carson planned to quit the race, calling it a "mistake."

Cruz said in a statement Tuesday that his campaign staff saw a CNN report that Carson was dropping out, although CNN had not characterized Carson's actions that way.

"Last night when our political team saw the CNN post saying that Dr. Carson was not carrying on to New Hampshire and South Carolina, our campaign updated grassroots leaders just as we would with any breaking news story," Cruz said in a statement first shared with CNN. "That's fair game. What the team then should have done was send around the follow-up statement from the Carson campaign clarifying that he was indeed staying in the race when that came out."

Carson said Tuesday he accepted the apology, but questioned whether there was a deeper "cultural issue" with Cruz's campaign.

"As a Christian I will accept the apology but it doesn't correct the problem," Carson told CNN. "This is a cultural issue when people in your campaign feel that it's ok to distort the issues to their political advantage and to tell absolute lies. And the question really is will there be any consequences for that."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/02/politics/ted-cruz-ben-carson-apology/index.html

#5 poncho, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to American politics, Dr. Carson. I wouldn't be surprised if your staffers have pulled similar shenanigans.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Samo samo stuff we see from both parties. Play dirty then blame it on a low level fall guy.

Business as usual.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It portrayed as worse because he (Cruz) is trying to position himself as the one Christian evangelicals should support. And it makes the cause of Christ look less important than winning an election once again, and makes him look like he and his campaign lack the character a lot of folks were hoping they would display.

Instead it's the same old establishment, DC politics that he's tried to say he's not a part.

Like supporting Mitt Romney, everything seems to be acceptable if it helps get the win.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Cruz is just displaying his "biblical correctness".

People love getting played.

What Cruz did to Carson is foreshadowing what he'd do in the WH.

Samo samo.