1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cuban Government Allows Baptist Seminaries To Expand

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Nov 12, 2015.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for that interesting article! Just the other day the communist government of Raul was trying to tear down another church, and of course we now know that the Catholic Church in Cuba is under the iron fist of the communist Castros because the archbishop there parrots the government lie that there are no political prisoners in Cuba.

The Castros, as you know, are racists and hate Afro-Cubans, whom they barely allow to breathe. Nevertheless, the communists are cash strapped (the elite have stolen everything) and recently the Mexicans forgave a debt of a half billion and the Cubans promptly asked for more loans and gifts.

I am guessing that they will allow the seminaries to go forward to relieve some of the starvation on the island as they groom the Castro children to take over when the brothers finally die.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There has already been a lot of work being done in Cuba on a smaller scale that I know personally. :) My daughter will be going back there in August of 2016 and a friend just got back from there last month, having a relationship with the local Cuban pastors for 12 years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

That's great. I think a lot of good things are happening there. We are also close to a missions ministry that does a lot of work in Latin America, specifically in Cuba. This is the first that I've seen where the government specifically allowed seminaries to expand.

5. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

BTW, safe travels to your daughter.

• Like Like x 1