1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Culpability

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Cypress, Dec 4, 2012.

?

Why do humans need redemption

Poll closed Dec 14, 2012.
  1. Because of what we do

33.3%
  2. Because of what we are

66.7%
  1. Cypress

Cypress New Member

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
    For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tested in every way as we are, yet without sin.

- Jesus was tempted in all points like we are. He was a free moral agent but did not sin because He always chose to do right. Either we have the same power to choose or else Jesus was not tempted "in all points" like we are.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONLY Adam/EVe /Jesus EVER had true Free will, as they were created in sinless stae, Jesus is God in the flesh, ALL others biorn into Adam as sinners!

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We inherited a sin nature from Adam, jesus was/is God in sinless human flesh, he was NOT exactly same as us!

he failed to sin because god cannot sin, but he was tempted in His humanity, but NEVER would have sinned, as Deity cannot do that!

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pitchback

Well what the Bible says concerning this topic seems to indeed go over one of our heads. :)

Strawman argument, I did not say Adam's sin was imputed to us, and specifically said we are not guilty of Adam's sin. This verse is consistent with my view, and please do not change the subject, you deny that the many were made, past tense, sinners. That is my view.

I see lots of effort to evade the topic. If a person is condemned already, can he or she not be further condemned by sinning, by doing what they know is wrong, by treating others differently than they want to be treated? Of course.

I have addressed each and every one of these so called problems several times before. You just recycle the same argument which denies that the many were made sinners.

We have two passages concerning the sins of the Father. One, God "visits" the sins of the Father on subsequent generations. This does not mean God punishes the subsequent generations for the sins of the Father, it means the Father's sins have consequences that affect others. Adam's sin had the consequence of being separated from God, and thus all his descendents, the many, were made sinners. This is rather basic, Winman.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Very well said Van!

I would also note that children/descendants often suffer as a consequence of the sins of the father or mother, not in a spiritual sense but strictly in a secular sense. How many children suffer because the "father" or "mother" is missing?

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and spot on!!