1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cures for Our Economic Disease

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I am posting this for KenH. I dont know where he went wrong. I am really worried about him. He must have lost alot of money because of this economic collapse and is conducting his personal scorched earth policy.

"First of all, just as the best cure for a hangover is not to drink so much, the best cure for a recession is a recession. It is time to sober up and return to free market sanity, risk and reward, supply and demand, without political intervention. Politicians are good at catering to the needs of special interests, but very bad at determining what needs to take place in the market. Government should stick to punishing fraud and enforcing contracts. When they use the tax code, bureaucratic departments and their manipulative rules and regulations to dictate social and economic behavior, we end up with distortions and malinvestments. Bailing out banks, continuing failed Fed policies and strapping the taxpayer with toxic debt will worsen the pain, and punish the innocent." Ron Paul

Read on:

http://www.house.gov/htbin/blog_inc...d,ID=090202_2647,TEMPLATE=postingdetail.shtml

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got out of the stock market in my 401(k) in August 2007 so I avoided the bear market and actually made a little bit of return on my money in my 401(k) in 2008. Of course, I double my money automatically since my employer matches my contribution dollar for dollar up to 6% of my salary so I am not going to do anything very risky with it anyway. And I earned over 40% in my small IRA account(where I do take risks) in 2008 due to three good trades I made in the last half of the year.

Thanks for your concern anyway. :)

#2 KenH, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Another reason why I support Ron Paul and why I wrote him in as my choice for POTUS.

I remember many on this board calling him names and saying how the USA would be so much worse off with him as President.

I have to ask... How are things going for ya now?