1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cussing???

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by jeronimo, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Revelation

Revelation New Member

TJACorn:

Just what do you mean by this statement from your post:

Cussing, in the same way, may not be good but it can show us the depravity of man (especially when lowers the most HOLY GOD to words that disrespectfully fall from his dirty lips).

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Brian,

That's a great answer. I actually meant my question to be somewhat rhetorical but I'm glad you answered it.

Words do vary form culture to culture. I remember using a phrase that I had always understood to mean just being out and having a good time, nothing mischevious or bad or anything like that.

I used it to describe a night out that a pastor friend and a couple of other friends and I had. When I said it, the people I was talking to looked at me like a had three heads.

Turns out, the part of the country I had just moved to understood htat phrase to mean a wild night of drinking and other bad behaviour.

Do'oh!

3. TJAcorn

TJAcorn New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Revelation:
    TJACorn:

Just what do you mean by this statement from your post:

Cussing, in the same way, may not be good but it can show us the depravity of man (especially when lowers the most HOLY GOD to words that disrespectfully fall from his dirty lips).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh oops... Now that I am rereading what I wrote I see that I made some serious grammar errors. It should be "Cussing, in the same way, may not be good but it can show us the depravity of man (especially when it lowers the most HOLY GOD to words that fall disrespectfully from man's dirty lips).

It was late when I wrote that. Anyhow my point is that cuss words can be used in movies to show wickedness in a person (like in the Left Behind movie - with use of the Lord's name in vain).

Trevor

4. buzz

buzz New Member

For even a person who says that he doesn't need God in their lives, shows that they are an unbeliever, wouldn't that have been enough, the guy in the movie who said the Lord's name in vain had already rejected the Lord, he already was an unbeliever.

Psalms 139: 20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

It is man's own wisdom that says it is ok to portray an unbeliever by putting in the script for him to use the Lord's name in vain.

And that is against God Himself