1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D L Moody on 10 Commandments and Sabbath

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by BobRyan, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why didn't you quote the REST of my statement; because that clarifies my point:
    Also
    HE said "Saturday is MY day"; not "CHRIST's day. (Like an old pun from Armstrong: "the 7th day is NOT my day; it is God's day"). You yourself said
    " Moody also argues that the commandment is 'editable' so that we can pick whatever day we like - something you and I both think he is wrong to say". So this discussion is a waste of time. You are really scratching the bottom of the barrel if you have to resort to using this a proof of your view.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All these accounts are written decades AFTER the event and the authors keep EMPHASIZING events pm the FIRST day of the week AFTER the Sabbath.

How can that be missed?

In Christ,

Bob
    </font>[/QUOTE]No Bob, "All these accounts" were NOT "written decades AFTER"; all these accounts you so confidently and honestly are quoting, were 'TRANSLATED' and intentionally wrongly 'translated', millennia (two of) AFTER!

Just go view my posts on BaptistBoard where you will see my critique on these 'translations'. Or better, look up http://www.biblestudents.co.za
    As easy as that.
    It's off the theme of your thread here, in any case.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Maybe I can quickly throw in a suggestion:
    Why do you think the newer 'Versions' brought in all those SPECIFIC changes to the key-texts you are referring to? And you may refer to every of the others too that have indirect bearing on the dates and days Jesus was crucified on, buried on, and rose on, e.g., Mk15:42 and Mt27:57.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Also
    HE said "Saturday is MY day"; not "CHRIST's day. (Like an old pun from Armstrong: "the 7th day is NOT my day; it is God's day"). You yourself said
    " Moody also argues that the commandment is 'editable' so that we can pick whatever day we like - something you and I both think he is wrong to say". So this discussion is a waste of time. You are really scratching the bottom of the barrel if you have to resort to using this a proof of your view.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Bob,
    Eric is right! As I have also said before on this thread of yours, Moody in fact ridicules the Sabbath; he shows it NO respect! Just so with Luther and Wesley, contrary to what the SDA's persistently - just like you - insist.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My point is that Moody's sermon on the 4th commandment posts strongly in favor of it - and finds him making the very SAME arguments I have made here for BOTH the Ten Commandments AND the 4th commandment. The VERY points where I have been opposed Moody ACCEPTS.

#1. Sabbath Kept in Eden by Adam. CLEARLY Moody promotes that. I state it here and get objections.

#2. 4th commandment STILL binding. Clearly Moody claims that in his sermon on the 4th commandment.

I claim that same point here - and get objections.

#3. TEN commandments NOT nailed to the cross - Moody ALSO clearly states that argument. I stated that here and get objections.

There is just no denying this.

What you are observing is that when Moody allows for "ONE DAY In SEVEN" as the NEW edit of the 4th commandment he is not in lock-step with Sabbath groups like Seventh-day Baptists and others who would not allow such an "edit".

GIVEN his idea that it can be edited to "a day in seven" it is no wonder he likes to "move it over" to Sunday.

But that does not negate the "continued" Ten Commandments position in his quoted sermon.

His approach is 180 degrees opposed to what is used here to reject Christ the Creator's Holy Day made Holy in Gen 2:3 AS the seventh day of Creation week itself.

It is only because of the SEVENTH day that our week is not 6 days long.

In Christ,

Bob