1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D.Min SATS

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by PrTeacher10, May 13, 2012.

1. PrTeacher10

PrTeacher10 New Member

I have read where SATS will begin offering this degree. Does anyone know when it will be available, or what this program will look like?

Blessings

2. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did you read this???

3. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

4. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Is is my understanding that SATS is considering the DMin. Queries can be addressed to : [email protected]

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So I'm looking at their price list for 2012.

Are those amounts in rands? US Dollars?

6. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

7. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

8. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

I concur, the pricing is indeed very reasonable.

Maybe if you tackle their Masters program you'll be better equipped to navigate the site? :tongue3:

Since we're (not) on the subject, does anyone know of a SATS doctoral grad who has gone on to do something with the degree? I am aware of several grads from other SA schools doing work in seminaries, but I don't have any info on SATS cats. (Ah, I've coined a new phrase!)

Anyone know if they're out there teaching, pastoring, janitoring?

9. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

Ergun Caner earned a Ph.D. there...

10. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

BITE YOUR TONGUE! He most certainly does NOT> He has a degree from the University of South Africa!

11. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

There are other seminaries online in south Africa?

12. Ryan.Samples

Ryan.Samples New Member

There are several schools that look to offer work via online / distance, from what I have seen. Some schools appear to let you do all the real work via distance, but you still report for an in-person oral defense. And I've heard some graduates associated with some of the SA schools, but not all of them.

I know Caner went through UNISA and Bill Grover obviously completed his work at UNIZUL, but I have no idea if either of those schools require the oral defense.

SATS is obviously down there without any travel requirements, but as noted I don't know anyone from there (let alone anyone who has done something with the degree).

Ed Smither (incoming at Columbia International University) has a PhD through University of Pretoria, though to be fair he already had a PhD through a British school.

North West Univ also offers a distance-learning program, but I don't recall if the defense is required.

Ultimately I don't know how "accepted" these schools are when it comes to working in N America or the UK. The only two graduates I know for certain employed in US schools either already had another degree from the UK (Smither) and thus one can't quite can't him in the mix (in my opinion), or with Caner was probably employed more because of his reported religious background and less due to his academic qualifications. In his case, the PhD was necessary but not the important element. I'm not saying his UNISA degree was fluff, just that it seemed (seems?) like people were more interested in the Muslim connection than anything else. Consequently his employment experience might not prove the best example.

13. Jkdbuck76

Site Supporter

OK.

I just want some study but the Mrs told me that we do not have the money for me to enroll in any post-graduate studies (ie, she has to have continuing education and sooner or later our 5 year old will be in college).