1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dad is not too happy with 57 year old dating his 17 year old so....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by annsni, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I understand the sentiment!

Not married, 17, female, no matter what her issues may have been, a 57 yr old man knew better.

Men are capable of being more than just animals, so stating it was "her fault" doesn't justify him, even if she threw herself at him. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't stupid and wrong.

And now he can't do it again.

And that knife looks exactly like two serrated ones I have. They're actually extremely sharp and I use them to debone chicken after making the mistake of trying it with my non-serrated one, so I'm pretty sure when it comes to kitchen knives and pain, that was a good choice for quick and effective.

So don't be afraid of serrated knives. Knives don't castrate people, angry fathers castrate people. So be afraid of angry people holding them! EKE!

2. targus

targus New Member

This is the type of behavior that the unsaved enter into.

It should not be a surprise.

No one is saying that it is "her fault".

My point is that of the two persons involved - it is the daughter that is the responsibilty of the father.

His actions should have been directed towards guiding his daughter.

The action that he took against this man was outside the law - both man's law and God's law.

There is no scriptural support for what he did with a knife to that man.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Then don't post here. No-one's forcing you to post here, or even read what others post. Just scroll on past.

I guess some folks don't understand sarcasm.

And, others don't understand tongue and cheek either. Lighten up, loosen your shoe laces. Don't take everyone on this board so seriously.

Personally, I'd never have some one castrated. I wouldn't have even thought of it. The man's daughter, I'm sure, is equally guilty. Now, in reality, I might warn this pervert to stay away from my daughter and if I caught him with her I can't say for sure what I would do. Hopefully, my anger would not get the best of me.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

The age of consent in Germany is 14, as long as a person over the age of 21 does not exploit a 14–15 year-old person's lack of capacity for sexual self-determination.

Main article: Age of consent
    The ages of consent for sexual activity vary by jurisdiction across Europe. Spain (age 13) has the lowest age of consent, while Malta and Turkey are at the highest end, (both age 18). The laws can also stipulate the specific activities that are permitted and/or differentially specify the age at which a given sex can participate. Below is a discussion of the various laws dealing with this subject.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Targus, this type of news is so common that it definitely isn't a surprise to hear it happens. It's pretty much the norm...but I imagine none of that matters if you're the parent.

What the man did to fix the problem? Well, it worked.
    Was it wrong? Yep. Legally wrong? Yep. Wrong scripturally? Yep.

That doesn't mean I don't sympathize with the father and feel no honest sympathy for the man who pleasured himself with this guy's 17 yr old daughter outside the bonds of marriage.

Vigilante style justice does hold a separate place in my mind than plain old criminal activity. I admit that. Still wrong, but in the type of way I think calls for a look at mitigating circumstances and should usually lead to much lighter sentencing on this earth than other types of law-breaking.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The age of consent for my daughter is when I say it is.

And I own knives.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

bad post on my part

#48 sag38, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
  9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen and amen. :thumbsup:

10. billwald

billwald New Member

Talk is amusing and cheap. Ever try sticking a pistol is someone's ear?

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my old country I remember this guy whose father was murdered and mother and sister raped right in front of him, when he was 8 years old.
    the guy eventually got caught and spent 12 years in jail for a supposedly life sentence because he had some political "connections".
    Meantime the kid had grown and was then a member of one of the Philippine armed services.
    He came back to his hometown, accosted the perp (who by them was in his late forties) in the middle of the street, mauled him right there on the street in front of witnesses, busted both kneecaps with his sidearm, busted both elbows, too, cut off the guy's tongue, pierced the guy's ears with a sharp stick, poured two cans of kerosene on him, lit him up, put the fire out with a fire extinghuisher he brought along (he planned what he will be doing), then took the guy to the hospital.
    The doctors amputated both legs and both arms, and for months the guy was in extreme pain from his burns.
    The attacker went to jail for a year.
    Serious Physical Injuries.
    No attempted murder, after all he brought the guy to hospital himself.
    The victim died in 1997, lived twenty years more as an inutile.
    an invalid who couldn't even feed himself.
    no legs, no arms, deaf, dumb, but not blind.
    he could see his attacker, he could see pretty women, he could feel desire, but cannot do anything about it.
    couldn't even clean himself up.
    totally dependent on people.
    nobody took vengeance on his behalf.
    not even his political backers.
    not even his relatives.
    in that part of the Philippines, at that time, the principle of "avenger of blood" which we read of in the Bible was still honored.
    15 minutes of attack, and surprise, no cops were around.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not within earshot. :eek:

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have daughters?

15. Squire Robertsson