1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dake, who has one?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by convicted1, Feb 4, 2007.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This is my first time starting a thread in here, but I was wondering who onwns a Dake Annotated Bible. I got one for Christmas from my mother-in-law. I truly love mine! I don't believe in his Pre-Adamite world theology. I just don't see it. I also don't believe in the Millienal Reign, either. Please don't try to explain it to me! I was just wondering what y'all think about this bible. May God Bless!! John 3:16 :1_grouphug:

2. A&I

A&I New Member

Dake's Study Bible

If you put "Dake's Study Bible" in that Search above alot of posts will come up on this Bible .

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The reason I like mine is because of the greek and hebrew translation in the notes. I find quite a few things he is right with, and some that seem to be way off base. But, he was like all of us, right on somethings and wrong on others. I like it because you can do studying with it without having to do a lot of cross refernce with another book. I don't own a Strong's concordance yet, but I plan on getting one. May God Bless!! John 3:16 :1_grouphug:

4. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't have a copy of Dake's Annotated Bible, but I have seen one at a library and have looked at a few of its notes.

5. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have found one article that has information about Dake's Annotated Bible.

The article is entitled "Why Hasn't Anyone Said Anything About the Dangers of the Dake Bible" by G. Richard Fisher. It was published in the October/December, 1992, issue of THE QUARTERLY JOURNAL of Personal Freedom Outreach.

This article noted that this Bible has been advertised as "The Pentecostal Study Bible." Dake was ordained under the Assemblies of God, but later joined The Church of God, Cleveland, TN. G. Richard Fisher wrote: "Dake's teachings appear consonant with those of the faith/prosperity teachers" (p. 8).

G. Richard Fisher wrote: "The Dake Bible teaches errors in the doctrines of God and Christ (Adoptionism) as well as salvation by works and racism" (p. 6). Fisher wrote that in Dake's book entitled GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN that Dake "subscribed to a form of tritheism or polytheism (three separate Gods united only by purpose) and to Process Theology, which teaches that God is limited and cannot see the future" (p. 6).