1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

The NFC champoinship game will be played again in Seattle. The big surprise is going to be how improved the Seattle defense is.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

The commodes are bigger in Texas perhaps they can hit it. :tongue3: :tongue3:

3. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

OXNARD, Calif. (AP) -- A week into training camp, Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells doesn't like what he's seen so far.
    "Things are not going well," Parcells said Friday. "I'm worried about that, and a little frustrated, with things in a couple of places where we should be better than what they are. But it's the first week of the season so I have to keep that in perspective as well."

Parcells should get used to this, its probably going to continue.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the anti-Cowboys folks that had best get used to a long season of suffering as the Cowboys roll through the opposition in the National Football League. :tongue3:

5. Plain Old Bill

Dallas,Washington,Seattle,NY Giants,Eagles,and Cards are all going to be good, that should make this a fun season.

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I wouldnt forget about the Chicago Bears who finished with the 2nd best record in the NFC last year. They return all of their starters from last year. Also, you have to put Carolina on that list too. They are a good team.

I am not convinced the Cards and Eagles will be good this year.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I fear a repeat of 2002 when the Bears, fresh off of a 2001 season that saw them make the playoffs, were terrible. Payback may be coming this season when you consider all the shots I've taken, and continue to take, at the Packers, Liedowns, and Vikings.

With that said, I continue to think the Packers will stink and wonder what Brett Favre has been smoking. This year's Packers are more talented than the team that won the Super Bowl? What's the record for INTs in a season, because I think Favre might break it this year. :thumbs:

I actually think the Liedowns will be better than expected, but I have hope because Matt Millen is still the GM. :wavey:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Vikings plan on celebrating every win this season by taking a cruise? :tongue3:

8. Plain Old Bill

You are right about the Bears and the Panthers. The Cards have been loading up pretty good and I like thier coach, now in his second year there.Eagles could go either way depending on injuries, they are good on the front but have little depth.:thumbsup:

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I am hearing reports from the Dallas camp - no not the daily TO reports that are just about to drive me crazy - but that the Dallas defense is looking strong! If that is true, my estimation of Dallas' chances have risen dramatically. Of course all the teams in the NFL, except the cardinals look strong in camp, it is not until the first couple weeks of the season has gone by that reality bites them! The Dallas D was good last year, could be great this year.

The Boys still have to score some points, the main key is the line - got to keep Bledsoe upright and uninjured, create holes for the running game, give Drew time to hit TO - after he finishes training for next years tour de france (he has been on the bike eight or nine days in a row)

10. Convicted by the Spirit

The cards have 3 players on their team that everyone in fantasy football land is drooling over. The biggest question mark is going to be at QB. Can Warner stay healthy and on the field? Is Matt L. going to sign with the Cards for 10th pick money?

Tampa bay is the surprise team of this year to me. They have Chris Simms at helm and I am on his bandwagon. He did not do squat at UT in big games, but he is doing well under Grudem. I am thinking he will have a great year.

Lots of questions in the air at this point. should make for an interesting year.

11. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Nothing hurts a player more than a long holdout - his agent is doing him no favors. Warner had a great two or three year run in St Louis, to have him and one of his best recievers in fantasy football guaranteed you the playoffs! I think time has passed him by, he is soooo imobile (makes Bledsoe look like a track star). Simms is starting to look good, had a good second half of the season, hope he can build on it. I still think the Cardinals finish last in a tough division, historically they have been a joke. bidwell is the worst owner in football.

12. PastorSBC1303

Offensively the Cardinals may be alright depending on the health of Warner. Defensively is where I am not convinced they are ready to be good and compete with the other teams.

I think Dallas is going to have a tough defense this year. Yet no matter how tough their defense is their season is going to rest on the shoulders of their O-line and keeping Bledsoe healthy.

If (and this is a HUGE if), they can do that, then there is no reason why they cannot compete for the Superbowl.

13. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Just a quick TO update - he finished first in a difficult mountain stage yesterday, we will see how he does in the sprint finish today. So far no EPO or testosterone in his blood!

14. Plain Old Bill

Well the Cowboys play the Seahawks in pre-season tomorrow night.We should get a lot of good looks at the new talent on the field since both coaches do not plan to use thier regulars very much. Seattle has a new cornerback that might be worth watching as well as Weaver the fullback who will be used mostly as a running back. Alexander will only be used on one series as well as Hassleback.Also much of the offensive line will be replaced much of the game.So we will get to see how deep Seattles offensive line is.Defensively Seattle will be using a lot of linebackers and defensive linemen although most of those positions are pretty well settled.Safety will be fun to watch as Ken Hamlin will be getting back into the game for the first time in a year.Bet his nightlife habits have changed.I think Seattle is very strong everywhere except cornerback which may be above average but not nearly as good as the rest of the defense.:wavey:

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The Peleton is expanding - we now have the three starting wide receivers furiously working a flat stage for the past two days, no word on the winner. TO is to be commended for his stellar work on the bike for the past 14 days!!! if this does not give him the coveted yellow jersey, perhaps it will give him the yellow stripe. The big magnificent Tuna is less than pleased at this point - his irritation is becoming obvious during his daily press conferences.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

TO is pushing Parcells to see how much he will take. TO really needs to grow up and become a REAL professional. I've had hammy pulls (played WR also), and with proper rest and treatment, recovery is 10 days maybe two weeks max, and this was with an ice / hot compress and ibuprofen, not the high tech equipment they have now.

17. PastorSBC1303

Wow seems that TO is already pushing buttons in Dallas, he might just explode sooner than many expected!

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can't wait to see how this unfolds in Dallas...

Does having a pro bowl WR really worth that much aggravation and stress?

19. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I hope TO does well in the first two games. So I can trade him in my other league.:laugh: He was still on the board in the 4th round I had to take him, (the devil made me do it) :laugh:

20. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

TO seems to be causing a rift between the big magnificant tuna and the owner. Its kind of funny when you look back at some of Jerry's free agent signings that the tuna didnt seem to go along with - those guys, and I am specifically thinking about peerless price, and drew hensen rarely got off the bench and were then gone after a while. With all the money tied up in TO, Jones is going to push to get him on the field. this really bears watching to see what the final result will be.

I was one of those that thought that TO would do the right thing for one year before he started up his antics - looks like I (and most of the rest of dallas fandom) were wrong - he is pushing the tuna for control right from the start. Terry Glenn - who is having a great preseason, will be the featured receiver.