1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dallas Cowboys.....

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ShotGunWillie, Nov 10, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another December loss for the Cowboys. I fully expect the Saints to put a beat down on them this Saturday night.

Looks like goodbye to Wade Phillips, goodbye to Jason Garrett for 2010.

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sure didn't expect it but I was glad to see the Cowboys show that they actually have some spunk for a change. Now they need to prove that they aren't a one game wonder and go win at Washington next Sunday.

I feel sorry for Nick Folk. He probably lost his kicking job tonight by choking on that chip shot that would have given them a 10 point lead after all of the misses he has already had this season.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Folk will be greeting people at a local metroplex WalMart soon. Not as a one time appearance, mind you.....

That sound you heard last night was a huge sigh of relief from Wade Phillips. Since Folk got the WalMart job, he was worried about what he'd do after Jerry fired him.

Kudos to the Cowboys for getting the Dec monkey off their backs. The WASH game will be huge, and it's a trap game.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Though I can appreciate the opportunity for Dallas to attempt to go to the superbowl, I hate it for the Carolina Panthers.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a lifelong Cowboys fan I am very, very glad to have been so wrong about this team earlier in the season. They are the NFC East champions, have arguably the best defense in the NFC, and are arguably the hottest team going into the NFC playoffs.

Congrats to the 'Boys. Don't let up now! :)

#26 KenH, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  7. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

8. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An old Texan died and met his fate with the devil. Devil puts the Texan in the one of the hottest parts down below. After about a week the devil goes to check on the Texan. The Texan was strolling around seemingly untouched by the heat.

"Y'all call this hot?" asked the Texan. "I remember a time when I was in El Paso..." Not wanting to hear more of the Texan's yarn the devil banished him to an even hotter part. A few days later and more of the same from the Texan remarking how the heat reminded him of a day in West Texas. The devil figures to use reverse psychology and takes the Texan to a region that was colder than cold itself.

A week later and the devil finds the Texan relaxing on a block of ice with a big old smile on his face. "I don't get you.", says the devil. "I put you in the hottest part of here and you say it reminds you of Texas. Now I've put you in the coldest of cold and you have a smile on your face."

"Well," says the Texan, "I have all the reason to smile. I figured if this place froze over my Cowboys must have made the playoffs!" :wavey:

9. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Funny joke, but the Cowboys have actually been to the playoffs more than any other team :).