1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dallas Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Sep 17, 2007.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thought$ about Dalla$ Theological $eminary are thi$... it'$ expen$ive!

2. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

When I was serving a church in the Tampa Florida area as Associate Pastor, right out of the military, I got to know a member of the church who happens to be a very prominent man in the world of Christian Education, Dr. Ken Gangel, he also happens to be a former VP at DTS. When I finished the B.S. in Religion with Liberty he strongly suggested that I attend the DTS extension campus at Trinity College in the North Tampa area. They offer the M.A.B.S. which is a great 60 credit hour program that I really did want to do, BUT, not set up veterans benefits, which for a veteran with several months of GI Bill at the time was not very encouraging, not set up for students which for a small church Associate Pastor making peanuts was not going to work out, and the tuition is higher than Liberty's and other good local and distance ed options. Not to mention that the program required 3+ years of residency as at is in a modular format.

It really hurt to pass on the opportunity to earn a degree from DTS but God has been faithful and I have manage pretty well without that heaviest of ink on my resume... :)