1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dangerous Demagoguery

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......Everybody is for change. They differ on the specifics. Uniting people behind the thoughtless mantra of "change" means asking for a blank check in exchange for rhetoric. That deal has been made many times in many places -- and millions of people have lived to regret it.

It is not too much to ask politicians to talk specifics, instead of trying to sweep us along, turning off our minds and turning on our emotions, with soaring rhetoric.

Optimists might even hope for some logical consistency and hard facts.

Barack Obama says that he wants to "heal America and repair the world." One wonders what he will do for an encore and whether he will rest on the seventh day......

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/tsowell/2008/ts_01221.shtml

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the quote I read from someone-- Reagen I THINK---"The scariest thing in the world would be to hear a knock on your your door and hear a person say, 'I'm from the government; I'm here to help you' "

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Please tell us, which candidate meets your high standards of excellence.