1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel 9:24-27

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mandym, Aug 6, 2011.

1. lastday

lastday New Member

Abomination of Desolation

Jesus Fan and beameup,

It's OK to find the "type" of Antichrist in Antiochus Epiphanes; but Jesus
    placed the "greatest tribulation of all time", whether of history or prophecy,
    at the "end of the age" when the greatest slaughter of Jews and Christians will occur. Not just a million Jews as in AD 70 nor 6 million Jews by Hitler; but two
    thirds of all Jews living before Christ returns after "two days" according to
    Hosea 5:13 to 6:3...and that means 2000 years (plus six months of the third day) after AD 33! Zech.13:8-9.

As long as Christians are being "beheaded", the 1260-day "end of the age" has NOT been fulfilled. God will not "avenge the blood of the martyrs...brothers and fellowservants" of those already in heaven...until the Abomination sits in the holy place for 42 months and with all mankind in subjection to his rule. Rev.6:9-11; Rev.7:9-14; Rev.20:4.
    Mel at www.lastday.net (Go to "New Inspirations since 2008")

#41 lastday, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
  2. beameup

beameup Member

Sorry, but I can't quite follow you.
    Matt 24:15
    When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Antiochus Epiphanes himself did not "stand in the Holy Place" [in the Temple].
    The image of Zeus (Gk) - Jupiter (Rom) was the Supreme God; this Image "stood in the Holy Place" inside the Temple.
    The False Messiah will "stand in the Holy Place" (or perhaps his animated image).
    The False Messiah will be energized by the God of this World (Satan).
    There is no Temple in Jerusalem (although the implements have been made).
    Hanukkah is mentioned by Apostle John and was the cleansing of the temple following the preview "Abomination of Desolation" in 167BC.
    Clearly, Jesus is informing JEWISH disciples that this event is yet FUTURE and has not occurred yet.

3. lastday

lastday New Member

Abomination of Desolation

Beameup,

We are in total agreement about BC 167 being a type of what is coming at the "end of chronos-time; the end of the age" as Daniel predicted.

My point is a response to the Preterist view that sees "all things" having been fulfilled in AD 70.

The Scriptures require that "all things yet to be fulfiilled will reach their climax at the Feast of Tabernacles which will begin and end the 7-year period of Daniel's "end of time" which he identifies as the 70th "Seven" of years.

The 360 literal "weeks" of the 70th "Seven" will be fulfilled during and within the 367 literal "weeks" that must transpire on the Hebrew Calendar from the start to the finish of the final 7 years of history and prophecy!

That "end of the age period of 7 years will culminate with God's restoration of the Jewish People once again as His chosen people...a second time"!! Isaiah 11:11.

The "time, times and half a time" (180 literal weeks) will begin on Wednesday during Passover Week and will climax with the death of the Two Prophets on a Wednesday...3 and 1/2 days before the 70th "Seven" ends on Tishri 15, a Saturday, for the Feast of Tabernacles, the celebration a new Jubilee and at Hanukkah...on day #1335...see the Millennial Temple dedicated as the center of worship for 1000 years!!!

Mel at www.lastday.net

#43 lastday, Aug 12, 2011
  4. beameup

beameup Member

Matt 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Sounds to me like the extermination of the entire human race is at stake.

Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

How anyone could believe that this has already occurred in the first century is beyond me.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I agree with most of this Bro. Luke. I , FTR, am amill, and a partial preterist. The problem with the post-mill is that it has the Kingdom here, and not in heaven. The heavens will roll up like a giant scroll, and the elements will melt with fervent heat. So, I see this earth passing away with a great noise, and then the new heaven and new earth will come in.......or that's how I see it.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Sister, when you talk of Israel, you need to understand which Israel the bible is referring to. The nation of Israel is no better than we are here in the USA, or any other country in the world. The Israelites of the OT were the offspring of Jacob(Israel), and not the nation in the middle east.

Ezek. 37:1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,

2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.

3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.

8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.

9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

So, the Church, is the Israel of the NT. The Church is what is given the promises of God. There is no more Jew nor Gentile, but a new Spirit.

7. beameup

beameup Member

Interesting that you would mention Ezekiel 37 as it is chapter 38 and 39 when God directly intervenes on behalf of Israel to save it from extinction.
    This supernatural event will be the point at which all of present day Israel will turn to the God of their Fathers.
    This direct intervention by God will result in the "whole house of Israel" reinstating the Temple Worship which was given by God through Moses.
    Can you imagine the massive immigration of Jews from every place on the planet as a result of this miraculous intervention in history by YHWH?
    Keep a close eye on Israel because this "miracle" is happening before our very eyes. :)

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Amazing to me that people read isreal and replace it with Church!
    God promised that "at that time" jerusalem will have messiah in her, and ALL nations will come to her to worship the Lord...

When did THAT happen in History, if NOT Future event?

9. lastday

lastday New Member

What Days will be "Cut Short"?

Beameup,

My question for many years (I'm 91 now) was: "What days will be cut short"?

The prophetic period of 1260 days (3.5 years or half of 360 weeks) will begin on a Wednesday and end on a Wednesday. This period of a
    "time, times and half a time" will
    NOT be cut short since it begins on the last day of Passover Week and will
    be completed 3 days before the Feast of Tabernacles or 3.5 days before
    the signs of the last day signal the any-moment imminence of Christ's return!

The Hebrew calendar days (2569 days) will begin on a Saturday and end on a Saturday. This period of 7 years will not be "cut short" because there will be 7 LITERAL
    years from start to finish of the 367-week Lunar months of a Hebrew countdown. Logically, there must be a 7-Year Period for the Jews!!

The days "cut short" are the 1290 days that belong to the Gregorian Solar
    calendar of "seven" 365-day years. The final month of these 365 weeks will be cut short by five days to 2550 days (7x365=2555). The 1290 days will be cut short by either 26 days or 27 days...depending on the count of the final days after the killing of the two Prophets and whether their Messiah appears with all the Saints on Saturday or at the beginning of Sunday which begins about 6 PM.

Daniel mentions the 1290 days to allow for a 43rd month of 30 extra days if based on 360 days to the year. Actually, however, these days are also part of "seven" 365-day years to include 43 instead of 42 thirty-day months!!!

The first 69 sets of "seven" were fulfilled within 68 sets of 365-day solar years! So the final "seven" must fulfill 367 weeks for the Jews, 360 weeks to fulfill Biblical prophecy and all but 26 or 27 days of "seven" solar years on the Gregorian calendar!!! [More on this if you are interested].
    Mel at www.lastday.net

#49 lastday, Aug 12, 2011
  10. beameup

beameup Member

If you compare Matthew 24:22 & 24:29-30; Mark 13:20 & 26; Luke 21:25-27 and also Rev 8:6-13,
    you can conclude that there will be astronomical catastrophes coming from space that will
    completely upset the Earth, which will lead to extinction, prior to the Lord's return.

PS: I think we have all seen movies or TV programs on asteroids and the like.

Joel 2:10-11 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for He is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

#50 beameup, Aug 12, 2011
  11. lastday

lastday New Member

Day of the Lord

Beameup,

I believe the prophecy of Joel's "Day of the Lord" is a single solar day!

It will begin with the "signs" in the sun, moon and stars. These signs occur before the EVENTS of that single day!!

On that single "unique day, neither day nor night", the islands will move out of place, cities and mountains will be destroyed and "Christ will come with all
    the Saints": for in order to come with ALL the saints, He must fulfill His 4-fold promise to raise up every/all believers on the last day"!!!
    John 6:38-40,44,54.
    Mel

#51 lastday, Aug 12, 2011
  12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Jesus speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well.....

John 4:19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

You do not have to go any certain place to worship God now, like they did in the OT days. Under the Law, the High Priest had to be dressed with blood, and certain clothes before he could enter into the holiest place of the tabernacle. Not so now. The blood cleanses us inwardly, and we worship Him in that "cleaned up" spirit, in Spirit and Truth. In the OT days, they worshipped God naturally, except when the Spirit abode upon certain individuals and they prophesied, but corporate worship did not happen until the Spirit began taking His abode in the soul of man. This is the Israel of the NT. This is what gets the promises of God, His children, the bride of Christ, the Church, the Royal Priesthood, etc. The nation of Israel is no different from the USA, Canada, Mexico, Uraguay, Brazil, Austria, Australia, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Ethiopa, Russia, China, Japan, Chile, Argentina, Germany, UK, Ireland, Poland, New Zealand, Spain, Italy, etc. It is believers out of these countries(and others that I failed to mention), who receive the promises of God now. There is no more Jew nor Gentile in the eyes of God, but one Spirit.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

When Jesus hung, bled, and died on the cross, He tore down the middle wall that seperated the Gentiles(dogs) from the Jews, making an access for all who will call upon His name in faith.

Eph. 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The NT promises are for the Church, the body of Christ, the Royal Priesthood, the bride of the Lamb, etc, and not for the nation of Israel.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Bro. JF, Israel had her Messiah, and as a whole rejected Him. But it was those who believed on and in Him that got the promises of God.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Right here you can see that Jesus came unto His own elect, the OT Jews, and they did not receive Him/believe Him, when He stated He was/is the Son of God. Until Jesus hung, bled, and died, on the cross, they were still under the Old Law. It was when Jesus was risen, that the OT was fulfilled, and the Grace Covenant came into existence. It was when Jesus was risen that He defeated Satan, and not a future time in which He will defeat him. Satan has already lost the battle, Jesus conquered death, hell, and the grave, when He arose on that third and appointed morning. So, Jerusalem had her Messiah, and they slaughtered Him.

Now, how can the nation of Israel receive the promises of God when this world will be destroyed(sp???)???

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Isaiah 34:1 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.

2 For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.

So, when the time comes that Jesus comes to execute judgement upon all mankind, this world will be "bye-bye", including Israel/Jerusalem. There will be a new heaven and new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. So, this is why I believe that the NT "Israel" is the Church, and not the nation of Israel.

See above for the answer to this question.

14. lastday

lastday New Member

N.T. Promises to Ethnic Israel

Response to Convicted1:
    Jesus Fan and I agree the promises you quote have been and continue to be fulfilled in the Church...but only "until the fulness of the Gentiles" has occurred and Israel is "redeemed a second time"!
    Luke 21:24; Rom.11:25-26; Isa.11:11.

Luke 21 speaks directly to the Jews of the nation Israel who, upon seeing the literal signs in the sun and stars on the Last Day of this present age,
    will "mourn and beg to escape all the things coming upon all inhabitants of all the earth during the Hour of Trial"...when they behold their Messiah APPEAR
    "with all the saints" at His second coming!! Luke 21:25-33; Rev.3:10-11.

The Jews who escape God's wrath on that single Day of Wrath are not and
    will not belong to the Church. They will belong to the REUNITED nation of Israel and Judah being redeemed (Luke 21:28) and their kingdom restored (Luke 21:31) so that the peoples of "ALL nations will know the Lord...from the least to the greatest". Jer.31:31-33.

The N.T. PROMISES confirm this OT promise. "All who seek not to save themselves, but who beg for mercy, will be kept alive ON THE DAY OF CHRIST'S APOCALYPSE". They will enter God's Kingdom on Earth so that God reigns supreme over all MANKIND!!! Heb.8:8-12; Luke 17:30-33.

For the Church the Old Covenant passed away at the Cross; not at AD 70!
    For the Jews the Old Covenant, to their knowledge, has not passed away!!
    They are partially blinded as a NATION of God's former people; but "after
    two days (33 AD to 2033)...on the third day" (six months later - Hos.6:1-3) they will receive God's forgiveness as they "mourn and beg for mercy on the Day of Wrath" and are "kept alive" to reign over the Kingdom of God on EARTH forever"!!! Ezekiel 37; Luke 17:30-33; Rom.11:26-27; Heb.8:8,11.

From that day forth the people of the restored Nation and Kingdom of David
    will know, finally, that the Old Covenant has vanished and (to them) a New
    Covenant established in which all men must come annually to "Jerusalem to worship the Lord or receive no reign for their crops". Zech.14:9-23.
    Mel at www.lastday.net