1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Darby = Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, May 11, 2015.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So folks how do you read this? Especially the part in read.

Here is the statement by OR:

So I am misreading it or did he say that it ended in A.D. 70?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You still need a course in reading comprehension plus a lesson in honesty which seems to elude some Rapture Ready folks. I said nothing about the end of the 70th week. I said that Jesus Christ was murdered in the middle of the 70th week at the instigation of the Jews!

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now that you have had your rant on the CEV, (which was only a distraction to you), answer the post which you have conveniently ignored.

First, the "he" which you say is Christ, is clearly not Christ. He is the Antichrist of the future which will make desecrate a future temple "the abomination of desolation." How can you miss it with such clear wording as this? How can you ascribe the One who is the Lord of Glory to the one who is described as the Antichrist? That is what is blasphemy! Ascribing the characteristics of Satan to Christ. I used the CEV because, even though it is more like a paraphrase, it gives you a better idea of which you don't seem to understand through the more literal and older translations.
    Why do you think it used the phrase "the Horrible One"? Obviously, the "he" is not talking of Christ! It is referring to the Antichrist, which you ignore even though the other translations say the same thing just not so clearly.
    Why the denial?

Christ died at the end of 483 years, not at the end of 483 years plus another three and a half years. You have no proof of that. I already gave you the math. Can you refute it?