1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Darwin: Genius or poor student/medical school drop out?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kendemyer, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

A CLOSER LOOK AT DARWIN AND HIS PROPONENTS EFFORTS

I think many people view Charles Darwin as some dashing genius who discovered some profound truth of nature on some idyllic island paradise environment.

Now this raises a question: Was Darwin a great thinker and did he discover some profound truth?

Here is what I read regarding Charles Darwin at a University of Miami Department of Biology :

Perhaps, Darwin did not have the intellectual rigor to defend his views which I believe were errant (see: creationism at: http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=180 ).

Perhaps that is why Darwin vomited when his macroevolutionary ideas where ridiculed or lightly praised. For example, when Lyell lightly publically praised Darwin's ideas he vomited for 10 days (see: Darwin's strange sickness at: http://www.apologetics.org/cslewis/viewtopic.php?p=46793 ). Also, Darwin was known to engage in hysterical crying (see: Jesus wept, Darwin hysterically cried at: http://www.apologetics.org/cslewis/viewtopic.php?t=2333 ).

THE TRADITION CONTINUES

I attended SUNY at Buffalo and at that time the famous creation/macroevolution hypothesis debates were still going on occasionally.

Now my math teaching assistant that I had for a class, attended a creation/macroevolution hypothesis debate. Here is what he told me occurred. The macroevolutionist yelled, "YOU MIGHT HAVE DISPROVED EVOLUTION BUT YOU DIDN'T PROVE CREATIONISM!" The evolutionist then stormed out of the debate hall. I still laugh to this day when I recall him telling me about the debate. [​IMG] Talk about hysterical behavior! [​IMG]

Now I do not think the above is a isolated incident.

I cite:

MACROEVOLUTIONIST LOST THE DEBATES SO....

I do not believe the macroevolutionist science leaders want their hypothesis exposed to public scrutiny or debate. I say if you cannot stand the heat of the public forum debate kitchen, you should get out of the public forum debate kitchen! 8) And that is exactly what the leaders of the macroevolution hypothesis recently did.

I cite the Kansas hearings:

Darwinists refuse to debate
    http://www.apologetics.org/cslewis/viewtopic.php?t=2314

2. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

I do like to be fair.

It appears Darwin wasn't a total flop when it came to academics.

I quote:

"Charles was to become a parish priest in the Church of England. He thought that the life of a country priest, with a large house, a nice stipend, and nothing much to do was satisfactory and went to Cambridge to study to that end. During this time at Cambridge, he began to develop his interest in natural history, including a beetle collection and trips to the Royal Society and Zoological Gardens in London with his grandfather Erasmas. In 1831, he received a B.A. and had risen to 10th of the 178 students who passed and were awarded degrees."

taken from: http://www.bio.miami.edu/tom/bil160/bil160goods/03_darwin.html

3. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Psst. Much of the old testament was penned by this guy named Moses, and he was an escaped murderer. Much of the New Testament was penned by this guy named Paul, and he also had blood on his hands - a very sordid past.

The conclusion, of course, is obvious.

4. mioque

mioque New Member

"was uncomfortable with some practices of 19th century medicine, including "bleeding" patients."
    "
    This actually speaks well of Darwin, a number of 19th century medical practices including bleeding were disastrous and only caused the deaths of thousands of patients.

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Proof that Darwin was a poor student;

He could look at creation and believe it created itself!!!LOL Obviously he had very poor learning skills. "In the beginning DIRT created all things"...LOLRoflol

In HIS service;
    Jim

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

What created the dirt?

7. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

In either case, God created the dirt. It is a matter of how.

8. fish

fish New Member

If I am not mistaken Erasmus Darwin died in 1802 and Charles was not born until 1809. This would make walks in the garden together a little difficult.

9. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that it really matters, but I've been told that Einstein flunked math in school. Not that he didn't know much about the subject, but that the subject was too boring for him. In my case, math & me went our separate ways in about 5th or 6th grades. BUT, to his credit, my 9th grade General Math teacher, Mr. Bagin, was one of the best math teachers I ever had. His 2nd term project was to devise 2 baseball teams & provide each player's averages for the season. My 2 teams were called Paul's Pirates & the other team was Bagin's Bombers! I DID pass that course....I guess my giving Bagin's Bombers players fairly good averages MAY have helped my grade11:D:D:D:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Tongue:Tongue:Tongue PS---I took Business Math in 10th grade & then Bookkeeping I & II. My BIL had an adding machine & I'd volunteer to help my sister and him out as a babysitter right before we were to hand in our journals for the grading period. Thank God for Scientific calculators! If it weren't for them, I'd have most likely flunked my USAF Tech School training in electronics as an Avionics Tech. I still have nightmares of Truth Tables & exclusive NOR gates every now & then!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::Devilish:Devilish:Devilish:Devilish:Whistling:Whistling:Whistling:Whistling

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread from 2005 is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.