1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DARWIN/MACROEVOLUTION HYPOTHESIS AND THE OCCULTIST FIT/FEVER

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by kendemyer, Jun 23, 2005.

1. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

DARWIN/MACROEVOLUTION HYPOTHESIS AND THE OCCULTIST FIT/FEVER

MACROEVOLUTION HYPOTHESIS AND ALFRED WALLACE AND SPIRITUALISM AND DARWIN

Here is what once source says about Darwin and Wallace:

Here is what Henry Morris wrote about the Ternate essay in regards to Wallace and he takes quite of bit of the material from Wallace himself:

It does appear as if Wallace obtained his ideas that he forwarded to Darwin while he was suffering from a fever:

WALLACE AND THE OCCULT

Wallace was well known to be strongly involved with spiritualism/occult.

Here is a source regarding Alfred Wallace:

http://www.strangescience.net/wallace.htm

Here is what another gentleman says about the Wallace/Darwin/Evolution and the occult/satanic:

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/whostarted.htm

BBC ON DARWIN'S RELUCTANCE

Here is what the BBC says about Darwin's extreme procrastination in regards to publishing his hypothesis (I do not afree with everything here. For example, I believe the macroevolutionary position is a hypothesis and not a theory):

Darwin died 23 years after the publising the Origin of the Species. Who knows when he would have finished his book if it were not for Wallace.

TERNATE ESSAY

Here is some more information regarding the Ternate essay:

SUMMARY

To be fair to Darwin, he disapproved of Wallace's spiritualism. Also, just because a man involved with spiritualism/occult appears to have strongly influenced Darwin in regards to his final hypothesis and its timing as far as its release does not necessarily mean Darwin was wrong in regards to his hypothesis although I do believe he was wrong (see: http://www.christian-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=180 ).

ADDENDUM

Below is something I read which is interesting and I have done some fact checking although I have not fully corroborated its veracity:

Another source goes farther and says:

Here is the whole online book cited above:

Charles Darwin - the Truth? by Andrew J. Bradbury
    http://www3.mistral.co.uk/bradburyac/dar1.html

2. Mercury

Mercury New Member

Too bad there were about 20 paragraphs before the point where the author decided "to be fair".

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

4. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

TO: Mercury

You quoted me as saying:

That was a misquote. You should have at least had a ..... given after the last word in your attempted quote indicating it was a partial quote of a sentence.

Here is what I actually said:

TO: UTEOTW

No genetic falllacy. See the above quote. I presented history of science information. Each reader is going to have to decide for himself the weight to give the evidence I presented regarding the source of Darwin's ideas in regards to the history of science issue here.

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"No genetic falllacy. See the above quote. I presented history of science information. Each reader is going to have to decide for himself the weight to give the evidence I presented regarding the source of Darwin's ideas in regards to the history of science issue here."

If the point was not to cause some to doubt science based on what you presented, then what was the point?

If you went through all this with the hope of dissuading some from accepting the science, then the fallacy was committed. If that was not your intent, then I am not sure what it was.

6. kendemyer

kendemyer New Member

TO: UTEOTW

Many readers of the baptistboard have varied interest. Some like the social science of history. I presented history of science information for those who are interested.

7. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

As long as everyone understands that it is the "social science of history" in which you are interested. It you ever crossover into using this as a reason to discount the science, or if a reader makes that same mistake, then it is a logical fallacy and not a valid reason for doubt. If it is just history in which you are interest, we're good.