1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Date someone going to a "Seeker based church?"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 15, 2012.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take it the last relationship didn't work out.

My advice is to find a good Christian man who can serve as your mentor and help you work on your social skills. Then you won't have to ask strangers on a public forum.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Correct. :thumbs:

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I would say if she is a devoted follower of Joel Osteen, you may have someone who doesn't really want good doctrine...Time will tell whether she is just immature or opposed to truth. Show her a few Youtube videos of his comments and see if she agrees or disagrees with them.

Remember, you want someone who can be a partner in life and ministry...not someone who you will be dragging along always trying to change into the person you want her to be.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm with MexDef on this one!!!

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That reminds me of something I heard Howard Cosell say on Monday night Football many years ago: "I've never been wrong; once I thought I was, but I was mistaken." :laugh:

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh: One of the best:thumbsup:

7. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sarcasm can never stop by you can it?

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

May I ask a personal question? If you don't want to answer, that's fine.

How old are you?

9. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    EXACTLY. Thank you for this. I got allot of positive and encouraging posts on FB and Christian Cafe. But some of the posters here have been very sarcastic and so I have ignored them.

We are scheduled for another dinner this weekend and I will inquire on the Slave of Christ CD that I gave her. She may say that she had no time for a listen, etc.. I have no idea of the control that Osteen has on her if much of one. I know she does not like to read, neither does she like to watch TV, so his control may be very very small if much.

I know I need a partner and not just chemistry. One gal that flew out to meet me from one of the dating sites I feel there is a spiritual attachment, I just do not feel any romantic chemistry with her. I am ideally looking for someone with a strong spiritual and chemistry attachment. The book The Five Love Languages SINGLES EDITION has been very helpful.

Being a member of the dating sites means I get to meet with people from all over. I am dialoguing with several at this time, but the woman in question, is the only person whom lives in my state.

#29 evangelist6589, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You ask for advice, and Abcgrad obliges. Then you pronounce the widsom offered to be sarcasm.

You just want to hear what you want to hear.

...And I'm not being sarcastic.

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This seems to be an ongoing theme with this poster. He continually asks for advice and gets mad when someone gives it. It makes one wonder why he asks in the first place. :saint:

Like you, I was being matter-of-fact, not sarcastic.

12. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

You replied:
    You replied:
    You wrote:
    My reply: :)

Texdeaf used the term "kids". Someone posted that you are in your 30's. Thus the question that you chose to ignore, which was OK, BTW.

Now, for my advice, that you are free to ignore, as well.

Put down Five Love Languages, and pick up the Bible. Read all the instances, where God expected patience from His people, rather than them taking matters into their own hands. Remember Ishmael?

When God is ready you will meet the person that He intends to fill the void in your life. If it is His will, that is. You may bump into her grocery cart at the store. She may be sitting in a pew at your church. She may be in the waiting room the next time you go to a doctor.

You may already know her, but haven't "seen" her as you're possibly putting your wants ahead of what He knows are your needs. There's not much difference, IMO, with that and putting your wants ahead of your obligations to pay your outstanding debts. (Yes, I know you have a budget/plan of repayment. And, you've made it plain that you've kept your personal wants in that plan, as well.)

As a preacher, have you considered the possibility our Lord is simply waiting for you? Waiting for you to drop the "I" factor in your life. Waiting for you to drop to your knees and say "Here i am" (applicable verses http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=here I am&version1=KJV&searchtype=all&limit=none&wholewordsonly=no ).

Putting Him first and waiting patiently may be the keys to all the blessing He is waiting to bestow on you. That may include the wife and companion for the rest of your life.

It's your choice as to how you receive this advice from a oldtimer. It is offered with the intent to help and not hurt. Ignore it. Call it sarcastic. Become angry. If you want to resent it, that's fine. That choice is yours to make. Whether you accept or reject, that's between you and our Lord.

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Anyone under 40 is a "kid" to me. And I (and I am sure everyone else who has responded to his threads, either positively or "negatively") want nothing more for evangelist6589 (just occurred to me- 6589 - birthday?:)) than the best.

14. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

Where does she go to church? If you prefer you can PM me.

Thanks,

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think important thing is to be maturing yourself, become the person right for that other God brings your way!

I kept asking the Lord to bring my way 'Ms right", he response was to focus on becoming "mr right" instead!