Dating

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Guapo, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Guapo

Guapo
    Expand Collapse

How do i bring God into a relationship?

2. Sam

Sam
    Expand Collapse

God should be in the relationship from the beginning.If the person isn't a christian I wouldn't even go out on the first date with them. If you really like this person and they are not a christian or your unsure invite them to church. If you find out they are a christian or they become one then date. I think it is dangers to take a chance on dating and hoping they become a christian later. You may fall in love and this person may choose to never except the Lord. God tells use not to be unequally yoked.

3. Sam

Sam
    Expand Collapse

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: Sam ]

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I suggest picking up the book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris. It's a great place to start. Biblically, I would read the Song of Solomon.

UNP
    Adam

5. Joy

Joy
    Expand Collapse

God has to be in your life first before He can be in your relationships. I would first be certain that you have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Has he cleansed your sin? Then I would be in the Word of God daily. Daily Bible reading, and studying, and prayer is a must in a Christian's life if you want growth.

If God is indeed first in these areas of your life, then you can "transfer" them to any of your relationships by talking about the blessing you get from the Word, by reading it with the other person, and praying together.

I personally would reserve the Book of Song Of Solomon for married couples, since it is poetry about the marriage relationship. ;)

One addtional thought- "dating" or courting should be reserved for those who are older enough, mature enough, and ready to be married. ;)

6. Bugman

Bugman
    Expand Collapse

Like it was stated God should be in the relationship from the beginning. Did you ask God if you should be dating this person before you did? Did you wait for his responce?

Bugman

7. Brother Adam

Brother Adam
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

hey bugman,

Welcome to the Baptist Board. Canada, eh? Cold up there? Actually I live so close to Canada I know alot of people from there and have had several teachers from Canada. I have been to Toronto and a few other cities.

I hope that you will find your time here at the Baptistboard edifying and fruitful and you will be blessed and be a blessing to your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Shalom!

UNP (Until Next Post),

Adam

8. Daniel

Daniel
    Expand Collapse

Hey, guapo, don't take your screen name too seriously, bro! (Yes, I've taught Spanish on the high school level)....LOL!

[For those who aren't bilingual, "guapo" means "handsome" in Spanish.]

NOW THE REST OF YOU ARE SMILING :eek: :D ;)

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

How do you bring God into your relationships? Well, it might help if you know Him personally first. You will have relationships where you will need to intruduce God, but hopefully, this will not be your marriage relationship. God needs to be there before marriage is even discussed.