1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daughter has Surgery Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Friend of God, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you please be in prayer for my Daughter and the rest of the family tomorrow? My Daughter will be having 25% of her Pancreas and her entire Spleen removed + a complete hysterectomy.

We have to be at the hospital in Ann Arbor, MI at 5:15am tomorrow, and her surgery is scheduled to begin around 7:30am and take 4 to 5 hours to complete.

Your prayers would be appreciated. Thank You.

Rob

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

(((Cuz))) Praying for you all.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Other than the hysterectomy, my daughter had that same surgery almost 6 weeks ago (but you know that!). The surgery was about an hour and a half long for Lauren and so expect it to be a bit longer for her. We were told it would be 3-4 hours and it seemed like it was 4 hours but the surgeon said it took over 2 hours to get IVs in her that were big enough to use!!

If Lauren had not had the complications she had, she would have been really quite ready to come home in the 5 days that they said it would take. She had her surgery on Wednesday and was off the morphine by Saturday morning. She was up and walking around on Thursday and did fine - until that darned vomiting set in. But that was not due to the surgery so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'll be praying that she has God-guided surgeons and that she tolerates the whole ordeal really well. You know I'm right there with you in spirit!! Gosh, it brings back a lot of memories!!

4. CF1

CF1 New Member

I'm praying for you too.

5. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I'll be praying that she has God-guided surgeons and that she tolerates the whole ordeal really well. You know I'm right there with you in spirit!! Gosh, it brings back a lot of memories!

Bold letters from Ann's posting!

"In confidence we are praying for Rob and family as their precious daughter is in surgery no doubt, at this very moment. We are so thankful, Heavenly Father that you answered prayer for Ann's daughter,Lauren! Praise You,Lord!! And we are asking as Ann has stated that You will
    guide the surgeons' hands and may she have a quick and no complications recovery! You are the Great Physician and we trust and believe You completely!! We will give You all of the praise and honor! In name of Jesus we pray! AMEN :praying::1_grouphug:

6. MichaelBuckingham

MichaelBuckingham New Member

My Prayers go with you too, God works all things for the good of his elect!

7. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Louise came through her surgeries with flying colors. She is now resting, courtesy of pain meds, and if no complications arise, she should be home again either Friday or Saturday.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.

Rob

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Praise the Lord!!!

Just a hint: Lauren still gets some pain in her pancreas. It seems there are staples in there as well (they use that when the cut off part of the pancreas) and I'm not sure if it's that or just that they cut into it that pains her. But she actually didn't even have pain from the incision (it was a cut from about the bottom of her bra to almost her belly button)!! That amazed me!! I just wanted to give you a warning about the pancreas pain since both had very similar part of the pancreas/whole spleen removed).

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We rejoice with you and your family!
    May your daughter, Louise continue to heal with no complication or pain!
    Dear Lord, we are so thank You for guiding the surgeons and may her doctor keep her from pain and may she be able to come home soon, in the name of Jesus. AMEN :praying::1_grouphug:

10. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How is she doing today? My guess is that she's out of bed - in pain. Lauren was on liquids the second day as well. She did fine with that. :)

12. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Louise has been up and walking, and is still on a liquid diet. She has come down with a touch of pneumonia and has been put on a 7 day regimen of antibiotics.

Of more immediate concern are the lab results from a fibroid tumor that was removed during her hysterectomy: The results came back malignant, but her OB/GYN said they got everything out that the tumor was attached to.

She meets with an Oncologist in the next few days.

If you would please continue to keep Louise and the family in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Rob - I'm praying that the cancer is a very simple cancer and that just the surgery took care of it and that she will have no more treatment to worry about. I'm glad she's doing well otherwise!

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Dear Lord God, we bring before you Louise who needs your healing touch. Praying that You will heal her from the pneumonia and may she have a clean bill of health concerning any cancer in her body.
    Lord, be with Louise family members too at this time!
    We are asking for mercy and we desire Your perfect will dear Lord and Savior! In the name of Jesus we ask. AMEN:praying::1_grouphug:

15. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talked to my Wife a few minutes ago, and Louise gets discharged tomorrow.

She's been doing a lot of walking, and is now on a regular diet.

PTL!, both my Wife and Daughter get to come home.

Thank you everybody for your prayers and well wishes, I know for certain that they are what brought us through this tough time.

Rob

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Praise the Lord!!

17. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thank You,Lord for answering prayers!
    PTL!!
    Thanks for sharing with us that God has heard your and others prayers!