1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

daughter in college

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by withme4ever, Oct 29, 2003.

1. withme4ever

withme4ever New Member

I have a question and some of you may be able to help us here. I haven't had too many people outside of the people we know to ask this question it is more of a prayer burden that I have for our daughter she is in a highly recommended college.Our daughter is happy there and seems to be OK with it. I wanted her to be happy where she was and to be in the right place where the Lord would have her and doing God's will in her life.

I thought when she went to college I thought that she would miss being at home I think she may have been at first ,but then suddenly she seemed distant she has only been home one time since she left,she is in her third year.She has no contact with anyone she has in her church family,friends,school or other family very much other than her Dad and I. That is not too often either. I realize she needs space to grow and make decisions.I thought we were still family and that we would want to keep a real relationship going. I'm hurt and quite confused.My husband and I did see her at her sisters this last summer she came with her roomates parents and she was so distant from us. I don't get it. Well I realize that each situation is different ,but I still want to see my daughter and I want to have a relationship with her I've thought about asking someone at the college if I could talk to someone and they could help us to cope it it very difficult. We wanted to go to college for her to seek where the Lord wanted her ,but not to disengage herself. Missing our daughter. She can go on for weeks and not even e-mail or even call us. :confused:

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Her response to you does not seem to be healthy. I would wonder about the college as well. Is what she being taught very different from what you taught her at home?

3. Loren B

Loren B New Member

Unless the college is such a long way off that it has been impossible, Your daughter has been negligent and needs some special counseling. Inform the college. If they are indeed a good institution they will take care of it.

4. withme4ever

withme4ever New Member

Thank you so much for your posts.I have been on the phone this morning with the college and I'm to receive a call from the Dean of Women sometime this morning. I will need to let them know how it has been for the last years. I held it in hoping to just keep it committed to the Lord and to just continue to pray. I see now that we need help.

In response to your concern about the college it is one that our pastor recommended and the only one he feels he knows enough about to recommend. My husband and I have been to revivals we were there for orientation ,and we were so impressed.

Could you please pray for us we need it.I want to express my thoughs and concerns and I held back because I did talk to her dorm mother the first year and she spoke to our daughter and she told me she didn't want anything against her and that I don't need to talk to anyone. I'm afraid in a way that this could hurt more than it can help ,but our hearts are aching.Maybe it is time for her to assess her life in the Lord and that education is not everything and that a relationship with the Lord is the basis of everything in our lives. All things are to work around it and He is to be our center.