1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dave Hunt

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 9, 2013.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You quote MLJ out of context, and the proof is there as I have given it. All you can do is come back with snide remarks and those of your ilk will support this as they also are on the same erroneous path as you.

It is glaringly apparent you have trouble with interpreting things in proper context, hence your 'theology'.

But I digress, you must do so atch in order to remain on your trail of error.

2. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You really need to learn some new lines. Try using a Thesaurus. Learn some new adjectives and adverbs.

Now let me school you as to what "context" means. Well, on second thought, you haven't figured that out since you've been here, so let me tell you what context is NOT. Trying a different approach might help you "get it"!

Context is NOT quoting something that others believe is stated one way, but is differently IN ANOTHER BOOK. Notice that your link cites Christian Unity, my quote was from The Sovereign Spirit, Discerning His Gifts.

Two different books genius.:wavey:

And notice, I didn't start this thread, someone else did and you began your "snide" remarks about Dave Hunt being " horrendously shallow" on post #17. Then you say Hunt's citations were out of context yet you found the time to find a reference in a failed attempt to refute my statement about MLJ by quoting from a completely different book source, but couldn't site one of Hunt's. Thus who has the real agenda here!

You might actually make a good debater some day if you weren't so inaccurate, dishonest, two-faced, and transparent.

And yet in all my "snide" remarks, I still have the decency not to change YOUR name.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Benjamin,

Would you please explain how this focuses on the issue and not the person?

4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

And then explain how P4T's comments made before mine-including the repeated habit of deliberately misspelling my name -are not good for the gander!

Are you really that desperate to get rid of me!! I'm actually quite flattered:smilewinkgrin:

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have not substaniated your absurd charge whatsoever. If you consider the venerable Doctor to be one of the worst --pray tell who would you consider to be one of the best?

6. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Neither you nor you partners have established your charges against Hunt. I at least provided some documentation about MLJ. What did you provide against Hunt?

I have a right to my opinion (at least OUTSIDE of this forum).

The BEST Calvinist theologian is hands-down A.W. Pink. He is the most honest when it comes to the conclusion and implications of Calvinism.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I have a book by Pink, Gleanings in Genesis. The next time I go through Genesis, I plan to read what he says. I have heard it is excellent.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He's my favorite on many levels. M-L-J received his Studies In the Scriptures regularly. He considered A.W.P. as a mentor of sorts. The latter endorsed the ministry of M-L-J.

You still have not given any reasons why M-L-J was the worst Calvinist theologian in your estimation.