1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Blaine

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by intojesus, May 4, 2005.

1. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Hello,

I have a question. My friend and I watched David Blaine today and cannot decide is this man just a BIG ILLUSIONIST or does he get his power from satan? I have heard both sides of the fence on this. He did do a few things that disturbed me greatly. Please tell me what you all think of him ? I do not want to watch him anymore if he is getting his power from satan. Please respond quickly as my friend is here for a limited time.

intojesus

2. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

The Bible says be wary of magic. I can not remember the scripture I am thinking about but God certainly would not give His children these powers.

I believe that David Blaine and all the other spoon benders are the work of satan himself. He wants to bewilder you and get you questioning, which is what you are doing right now. :eek:

It's a form of black magic which we know to be of evil.

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

He does illusions. A short time with Google will let you find plenty of websites that explain how he does his tricks. It is all sleight of hand. I, personally, like to do his levitation trick when I am in a group of bored people. Of course, I am not as good or practiced as he is so about half the people figure out the trick.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The levitation trick is all about perpsectives and angles. You can do a mild version with just your two feet, but I believe Blaine's version requires extra props.

5. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I used to think he was doing some sort of black magic until I found out the way his tricks are done. It's all just an illusion.

6. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Thank-you for the insight. What bothered me yesterday when I saw David Blaine were two tricks and I have NO IDEA how he could do this. I know about illusions but how could he do this? THe first thing was he asked the women to think of someone important in her life. She did and then he took a lighter and burned the paper and when he lifted his shirt the name was written across his chest. Then he put his hand over the womens heart and told her this person was always with her. She was in shock, the person was deceased? He knew this. He did a similar trick, when he asked the women to think of a person, she did. Then he told her to turn around, a taxi cab went by and the name appeared on the taxi cab??? How could he know what she was thinking. I know about card tricks but this was hard to explain away.

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Tricks. Illusions.

Can you say "deception"?

I knew you could.

Now figure out where that comes from.

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

The mind-reading trick is usually done by planting someone the audience who supplies them with information about the person they choose as their victim.

Six Flags over Texas used to have a "puppeteer" who used that illusion. Near the puppet stage was a man who did wood carvings. He would chat with people who stopped to look at his carvings, and in the course of conversation gather information from people. When the puppet show started, he would make note of people in the audience he'd talked to and pass that information on to the puppeteer. Since people had no idea that the chatty carver was connected to the puppet show, they thought it was amazing.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Exo 9:9 And it shall become small dust in all the land of Egypt, and shall be a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast, throughout all the land of Egypt.

No doubt about it!

10. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can't stop laughing at the visual this gives me.

[​IMG]

The very best to you and your family,

BiR

11. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

[Sitting at a University of Tennessee homegame]
    Hey, wait: that isn't a dog - it's a guy in a costume!