1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Cloud’s Crimes Against Humanity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

The purpose of this thread is NOT to vincate nor accuse Mr. Cloud necessarily, but to examine how we establish such bias, such vehement passion against another within the body of Christ. It is to try and get us to start examining issues for ourselves, and to establish our opinions without the sheer use of unsupposted bias. Many good and honorable men have been slandered in the Church and castigated merely for taking a stand against, or supporting and issue that might or not be popular within the Church at that time.

Mr.Cloud, of whom I have NO understanding of other than a few disparaging remarks from some on this list, and a passing glimpse of as I have perused the internet on some of the issues raised, has been called a number of things, a liar for one. Now if it is the truth that we are really after, how might one go about establishing that slanderous remark?

Who would be the first to step up and give a clear supported example of a lie that they know to be the case that this man has committed?

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Here is a side note while waiting for the evidence.

If one lived in Augustine’s day, one might have been compelled to first go out and order the burning of every book they could find written by the author so as to make it all but impossible for the opponent or those that come after them to establish or ascertain the truth apart from the biased words of their detractor, in this case Augustine? Is that not precisely what happened to Pelagius? Oh well, back to the topic. :thumbs:

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Let's make this easy...although my points were with (IMO) a much more sinister and unethical waste of web space than mr. Cloud...that is, av1611.org.

Here we go: You go to a site. You find statements made by the author(s) that are are easily proven to be false. It is obvious that the statements were not made by mistake...but that their goal was intentional deception. That makes the author(s) liar(s).

Fair enough?

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep,that's right rbell.

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I am not certain what you are driving at, but simply show forth the evidence of your claims or the claims of others. Prove that either David Cloud is a liar, etc. or that the web site mentioned is an intentional liar or deliberately misleading.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

cloud isn't responsible for av1611.org's contents, I do not believe. His is wayoflife.org.

OK, off the top of my head...these morons, in their "scientific" study of "rock music," cite the "study" that rock music played to plants kills them. No such study exists. It's urban legend.

I could come up with 50 more, but why waste my time?

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: You are not only wasting your time. This thread is about the allegations against David Cloud not about a rock music study. Do you have even one known lie that he is responsible for or is he responsible for this study you are pointing to and is responsible for the claims that are made concerning this study?

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

*sigh*

Did I not just say that I was answering about av1611.org, not David Cloud?

You made the same allegations about the site I mentioned, so I answered them here.

sheesh.