1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured David Jeremiah's next prophecy book

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 26, 2012.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

If he enjoys writing books and studying prophecy, why not? Maybe he's right, and maybe he's wrong in his viewpoints, but that's not what I'm trying to discuss right now.

My point is, if a preacher has a hobby and enjoys playing sports, and watches sports, no one says a thing. If a preacher likes to go camping or hunting, no one says a thing. But if his hobby has something to do with the Bible, (such as studying and writing about prophecy), then "He needs to focus on preaching". Seems like a hypocritical attitude to me. Let them do what they enjoy. He is studying the word, and if he's come to the wrong conclusions, then disagree with him. It's that simple.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why? How is this subject any different than the many calvinists who write books on the mechanics of salvation?

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. Hopefully everyone picked up that I wrote this Mostly (but not all) in jest.

2. How did we get to calvinism?

3. I am just saying that in my limited experience, most books on the end times are not helpful to my soul.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

1. I didn't. Thats what emoticons help with :D

2. Many books about another less than ironclad doctrine used as a comparison.

3. That's fine, then don't read them. The same goes with me and calvinist authors...but Im not making the appeal to not write them. I've just been predestined not to read them.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I enjoy reading all the different views on end times. No doubt some are better researched than others, but usually each view has Scripture to back their timeline. Obviously they cannot all be correct. However, for a general sign of the times, the red flags and bells are all over the place, with signs like our love growing cold for each other and God, a falling away from the faith, and a new level of self centeredness as never before.