1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Kent

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by David Kent, Feb 5, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a good friend who lives in West Virginia. He is constantly saying that "West Virginia is right under heaven!" I told him I agreed. Even heaven needs a sewer system! :D:D

2. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    '
    W are members of the FIEC for historical reasons but are hoping to leave. THe FIEC are our trustees but when our solicitor is able to sort it out we hope to become a CIO which means we will be able to hold our own property, Church buildings and Manse. Most of our leaders are probably 1689. Our church is the only one in our town that is not members of the Churches together. We have two Baptist churches in the town, both are members of Churches Together and one told someone I know, that they accept anyone for communion.

#22 David Kent, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you would see yourselveves as being Reformed Baptists?

4. GenevanBaptist

Welcome David!! Glad you could make it! Appreciate your friendship brother, and the Godly wisdom that you have imparted to me over the time we have been friends!

5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's going on in here...
    [​IMG]

:Biggrin:Biggrin:Biggrin

6. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church is reformed. We have just had a couple that have come from a liberal church. They left because of a woman in the ministry, the pastors wife. They said they really apreciated the preaching in our church, as they had been starved of teaching. They came to us as they were in Canterbury whan the OPEN Air Campaigners were preaching in the city. A young student who is a member of our church was there and they got into conversation with her and she said she went to our church, and they said "Oh we had been told that was a cult." It seems that some taught that as we are not in CT we were a cult. They came to us the following Lord's Day evening and have attended practically evey service and meeting since.

#26 David Kent, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 3