1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Letterman Admits Affairs at Center of Extortion Arrest

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Late-night host David Letterman acknowledged on Thursday's show that he had sexual relationships with female employees and that someone tried to extort $2 million from him over the affairs. CBS says an employee has been charged with attempted grand larceny in the case.

Letterman told his story during a taping of his show, mixing in jokes to an audience that seemed confused about what it was. He called it a "bizarre experience" that left him feeling disturbed and menaced.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,558902,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a4:g4:r2:c0.000000:b0:z5

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm not a Letterman fan, but good for him for one-upping an extortionist.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Yep. Good for Dave.

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The saddest thing about this whole deal is the frankness of Letterman's sexual congress with people he works with while in an open relationship with another woman. I honestly could careless if he has sexual relationships with other people, honestly it doesn't matter, but while in a relationship with a woman (whom he ended up marrying) we should express dismay.

As a side note it is absolutely convincing that the evangelical worldview has lost the battle on sexual purity in the broader culture through his (and others') treatment of the whole thing. I watched it on tv last night. He was just like, "Yeah I've had sex with people I'm not married to." (note nervous audience laughter) Yet never mentioned anything about his pre-existing relationship with another woman. The larger ethical issue of relationships with people you work with is just another point that is lost in all of this.

I am glad the alleged extortionist has been arrested and will be dealt with properly.

5. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bad thing is people are acting surprised about this. Celebrities are known for doing crazy things.

I personally am not a fan of David Letterman, but I don't think he deserved to be extorted like that. In fact, I think he did the right thing by coming out with it like he did. I'll give him credit for that.