1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DaVinci Code

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Jimmy C, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Have any of you all read it yet? I just finished, easy read, exciting book, wacky theories. My personal favorites were that the participants of the council at Nicea (under Constantine) gathered the books of the bible to in essence keep women down. that Mary Magdelene was pregnant with Jesus's child (a girl) when Jesus died on the cross and that Jesus' blood decendents are alive to this day. that Mary M was the Holy Grail.

I read it for two reasons, 1) I like a good thriller and 2) I want to be able to discuss intelligently with non believers or those easily infulenced by fiction

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Never read it, and have no interest in it, but I'm sure it's interesting and fulfilling reading, like "Left Behind", which I also did not read.

No offense intended, I just don't have an interest in religious themed fiction.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

No offence taken, many of my friends and co workers read it and I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I was interested to see if anyone on the BB had read the book and their impressions on it.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My parents won't purchase any gift certificates for presents; they think its too easy and doesn't require any thought. They don't like buying books either.

Well after many years my parents finally bought me a book for my birthday, guess what I got. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I read the book... I was obliged to.

It's a fair who-done-it thriller but was rife with dangerously twisted theology.

I don't recommend it.

I feel the same way about historical fiction, it's too easy to mix up the real with the fictional.

Rob

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If I could find an animated gif of a dead horse getting beaten, I'd insert it here [​IMG]

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I take that back!!! Courtesy of another poster:

[​IMG]