1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Day of Infamy & A New Beginning!

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Dale McNamee, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Dale McNamee

Dale McNamee New Member

Hello Everyone!
    As you all know, November 2nd. became a Day of Infamy because V.Gene Robinson was "consecrated" a Bishop of the New Hampshire diocese and will take over from the current Bishop,Douglas Theuner,when Theuner retires. Here's the link: http://www.washtimes.com/national/20031103-123335-2192r.htm

I was sickened by Theuner's remarks regarding this desecration: "Because of who you are, Gene, you will stand as a symbol of the unity of the church in a way that none of the rest of us can,your presence in the episcopate will bring into our fellowship an entire group of Christians hitherto uninvolved in these counsels of the church."
    "Because of your presence, the episcopate will be more a symbol of unity than it ever has been."

In today's issue of the Washington Times was a story about the conservative Primates' condemnation of the "desecration": http://www.washtimes.com/national/20031104-120602-5953r.htm

And now the exodus of the faithful,which began back in October after the Dallas convention, picks up speed!

Already,there's a sign up form for churches and dioceses to join the new network of faithful churches at the Communion Parishes website: http://www.communionparishes.org

Also,on their website is this statement from the Anglican Communion Institute:

"Statement from the Anglican Communion Institute
    on the consecration of V. Gene Robinson as Bishop of New Hampshire:

The consecration of Gene Robinson is a deliberate and flagrant act of disregard: disregard for Lambeth 1.10 and the Lambeth Conference; disregard for the Archbishop of Canterbury; disregard for the Primates; disregard for the Statement issued only two weeks ago, which clearly stated this act would jeopardise the Communion. This act of disregard is intended to show that American Episcopalianism is answerable to no one but itself. By this act, a major block of American Episcopalians have voted with their feet and have walked out of the Communion.

We now call on the Presiding Bishop to have the courage to declare his independence from the Communion. We call on Gene Robinson to acknowledge that his episcopacy will have no sacramental standing in most regions of the Communion. We call on those Bishops who joined in this consecration, or who supported it by formal consent, to follow through with proper conviction and declare themselves an independent Episcopal Church, operating outside the constraints of Communion. We call on these Bishops to agree with the Presiding Bishop's statement that same-sex blessings are, strictly speaking, in contradiction to Scripture.

For the sake of truth and justice, we call on the new Episcopal Church which emerges after November 2 to declare its independence from the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Primates Meeting, and Lambeth Conference. For the sake of truth and justice, we call on the new Episcopal Church to amend the Preamble to the Constitution and Canons which had described it as a constituent member of the Anglican Communion and in Communion with the See of Canterbury. It is time for the new Episcopal Church to cease "limping with two opinions." By this act of consecration, let the new Episcopal Church walk boldly out from under the constraints of Communion. May the new Episcopal Church have the full courage of its convictions and declare itself free and clear of Communion life. It is time for a new day of honesty and courage. Let that day begin now."

On the American Anglican Council website,http://www.americananglican.org/News/NewsList.cfm?c=21&num=1000 ,you can read more statements regarding the "desecration".

I was happy to see my denomination,Reformed Episcopal Church and the Anglican Province in America's response there also: http://www.americananglican.org/News/News.cfm?ID=849&c=21 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For those students of church history among us,we're watching a new "Reformation" happening against the apostate ECUSA!

Already,many churches have witheld enough funds from the national church that it's frightening them because,in their arrogance,they thought that it wouldn't happen!

And now,for a local intrest story.

Back on September 21st.,Fr.Steve Randall and 120 members of St.Timothy Episcopal Church in Catonsville,Md.broke with the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland and formed Emmaus Anglican Church. My church,Bishop Cummins Memorial Church (REC),made our gymnasium and other rooms available for Emmaus'use.

Fr.Randall was approached by 50 families in the Severn/Annapolis area to help them set up a church! He joked about cloning himself to be able to to do both jobs! [​IMG]

My wife,Mary Clare,went back to St.Timothy (our former church),to turn in her Sacristy keys (she had been on the Altar Guild)and said that the service was totally "lifeless" and counted only 40 people attending,including the children!

I discovered a new REC church in Fairfax,Va. that was just formed, http://www.fairfaxrecus.org
    and asked my pastor to contact them. So things are happening!

Well,that's all for now...

In Christ,

Dale

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Dale McNamee,

When I was a teen in the church mega years ago the evangelists used to preach against worldliness, like going to the movies or being greedy of riches. Who would have thought that in this 21st. Century the Church would welcome an avowed homosexual not only to a Christian pulpit but to be a leader of other Christian pastors.

Any homosexuals who refuse to give up their sin should read Genesis chapter nineteen for their devotional time.

Unbelieveable!!