1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DayPlanners

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by JoeKan, Dec 10, 2010.

1. JoeKan

JoeKan Member

What do you all use for daily planners? I'm looking to get better organized in 2011 and I'm looking to find a dayplanner.
    Thanks,
    Joe

2. Siberian

Siberian New Member

Google Calendar - you can check it from any device w/an internet connection. And your secretary can add appointments, etc. to it and it will notify you via email of upcoming stuff. Works for me.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm a Blackberry guy, so Outlook for me. I've "tricked out" the Calendar with categories, etc., so mine is color-coded and pretty easy for me to keep up with.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For years I did the pocket planner but in this day and age I would do it on a handheld of some sort. There are sooooo many choices.

If youi can't afford the newer stuff there are older units that still do nicely. The Dell Axim x50 and x51 are very nice and 75 area on ebay. Both sync with outlook.

There is a pc based Personal Information Manager that is free that would work well with a netbook. Truesync desktop. There are others for 40 or so on the market as well.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am so 20th century - I would leave my Americian Express card home before I would leave without my hard copy pocket planner

6. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google calendar and the calendar on my awesome Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S phone that runs the android system :thumbs:

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Google calendar synced with my iCal app. That plus Outlook allows me to stay on top of tasks and places to be. I try to schedule everything, even if I end up going on a last minute appointment or an impromptu meeting. Helps me evaluate how my week is being spent. :)

The iPhone has too many productivity apps to not use it.

As a staff we utilize Sharepoint and Project to help keep everyone/thing on schedule.

8. JoeKan

JoeKan Member

Thank you my Brothers!