1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dead Believers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Mar 26, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

GOD tells us in the above Scripture that HE provides Eternal Security for all that He has given to Jesus Christ. The Apostle John states: He that believeth not God hath made him a liar. HP who does not believe in Eternal Security of those who come to Jesus Christ states in his above post: I have certainly done no such thing.

So I ask HP a simple question based on the very clear teaching of the posted Scripture: Will you admit the truth of the following Scripture which clearly prove that that once a person is saved he is kept eternally secure by the power of God? YES OR NO? So far HP has dodged the question citing as a reason that I presented too much evidence for the Eternal Security of the Believer and that I did not interpret Scripture which are self explanatory. Very sad HP! Are you man enough to answer the simple question I presented to you?

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: OR, You cannot write a post, or so it seems, without personal attacks and false accusations. You have done little so far but to malign and badger. When you decide to debate in a reasonable fashion, by first retracting your false accusations, and start asking your question without the false accusations of lying, I will be more than happy to give you some answers.

Take this short post of your. Where did I ever say that the reason I did not respond to you was because of you citing “too much evidence for the eternal security of the believer?” I did try to make clear that I am not on this list to debate the Scriptures, but rather your interpretation of them. The passages you mention in no wise present any support in reality for the notion of OSAS. They certainly do give support for the security of the believer which I also believe in.

You demand a yes or a no answer. It would simply be unwise to do so if the question needs to be clarified as yours obvious does. For instance, I am going to ask you a question and demand a yes or a no answer. See if you are 'man enough' to do so. See if wisdom tells you to give a yes or no answer to my question. Here is the question: Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Yes or no OR?

#102 Heavenly Pilgrim, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2009
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is obvious from your above nonsensical question that you view the Scripture I presented in posts #'s 60 and 101 with disdain since they do not comport with your belief in works salvation! [Ref: post 253, Once Saved Always Saved]

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What he asked you has nothing to do with scripture but your question. He's saying that he doesn't agree with your interpretation of the same verses. You insist by asking him to verify your interpretation. Not the scriptures itself. You've done this before on a different thread. Ask a question in such a manner as not to get a real result. His question to you is a reflection of the type of question you are asking. He's mirroring your question in such a manner as you can understand it.

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Astute observation Thinkingstuff!:thumbsup:
    Sometimes nothing works. :smilewinkgrin:

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

OR didn't ask anything unreasonable. It is a question based on Scripture. You gave a question based on a false inference which in turn is a personal attack against the rules.

I can state a truth. Nothing wrong with the truth is there? But I can state it in such a way that it leaves the mind open to other interpretations.

"I am happy that HP did not get drunk today."

I am happy, and I do hope it is for the right reason. Hopefully the statement is the truth. Nothing wrong in stating the truth is there? Maybe there is in this case. When the truth is taken out of its context it becomes a half-truth. A half-truth is deception which still ends up to be a lie.

This is what Abraham did when he told Pharaoh, concerning Sarah, "She is my sister." It was a half-truth--deceptive, but nevertheless a lie.

OR simply wants an straightforward honest answer. Can you provide it for him?

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: And praise the Lord for that! He must indeed must have had a sincere change of heart through a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit in his life! Let's rejoice to gether! Praise ye the Lord!:godisgood::godisgood:

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

hmmmm. Does that mean you got drunk yesterday? Inquiring minds want to know?

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Nope. Thank the Lord! He delivered me from that old habit. That indeed took a work of the Holy Spirit! Praise the Lord!:godisgood: