1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Dead Faith as taught by the Apostle James

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus SAID he is the LIVING BREAD, that this bread is his FLESH.

John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Lord’s Supper is in REMEMBRANCE. We are to feed on Jesus daily.

Believing is drinking. Obeying is eating. We are to eat and drink.
    We are to believe AND obey.

3. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

You do err, not knowing the Scriptures.

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Fred,
    I am trying to explain the scriptures to you so that you can know Him better.

5. Steadfast Fred

I know Him quite well. His Word tells me you are misinterpreting John 6

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Go ahead and explain John 6.

7. Steadfast Fred

DHK did a good job of explaining John 6. Go back and read it.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I gave you God’s Word. You show you cannot explain your beliefs, but only try to ridicule Jesus with your vampire talk.
    You should repent.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

My thread is nearing 30 pages. I would like to gather some of my thoughts in closing.

James says faith without action is dead.

Many here claim that that same dead faith is actually the most important kind of faith a

human can ever have, and that is saving faith.

I have also been told that people can go through their life and never obey Jesus and it

will not interfere with their salvation. They say it will only interfere with their

fellowship. However, our fellowship and salvation is connected, and to give the

impression that to have your fellowship affected but not overall salvation is irresponsible

teaching to say the least.

We must drink and eat Jesus every day.

We must believe and obey Jesus every day.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Indeed they are your thoughts, and not the doctrines of the Bible.
    James is directed toward believers, and teaches those same believers that works are a natural result of genuine faith in Christ. A genuine faith in Christ produces salvation for salvation is by faith and faith alone. James does not contradict Paul who teaches this in Romans 4:1-6
    The word dead simply means separated as James shows. When the spirit is separated from the body the body is declared dead. Death is separation. When those claim they have faith but their lives are continuously void of works, then do they really have faith in the first place? Faith is faith. You have either placed faith in Christ or you haven't. If your works are separated from your faith, then perhaps you never put your faith in Christ in the first place, for genuine faith produces works.
    They were no doubt speaking of their Christian life. The thief on the cross had little time to do any works, and so he would fall into that category.

Once a person becomes born again can he be "unborn"? Just a yes or no will do.
    What you said is irresponsible for it is not what the Bible teaches.
    "There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."
    "For our lives are hid in Christ."
    He has promised: "I give unto you eternal life, you shall never perish."

Was Christ lying. Your statements say that he was. That is irresponsible of you to suggest that Christ was lying. We may lose fellowship but never salvation.
    Yes, but not to maintain our salvation. We obey out of love, not duty.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What we read here are many worthless explanations for defense to hang on to doctrine that was taught a long time ago and accepted by many, yet it is against the Truth. I have been told that faith without any actions saves, and any kind of actions whatsoever in obeying Jesus will cause one to be accursed and condemned. That is a teaching people have been ensnared to do the devils will, see 2 Timothy 2:26. For whenever is teaching to obey Jesus a sin? There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it, dead faith, is dead faith, see James 2:20. That is what the Bible says. I have also heard the teaching that we do not even have to obey Jesus to remain saved, and that we do not obey out of duty but out of love. People teach grave falseness then throw in the word love as if it can hide their falseness. We do have to obey Jesus. That is how we show we love him, and that is how we remain in his love. That is how we feed on Jesus. To use the debate tactics that have been used against me are shameful and non-effective to anyone who loves the Truth.

Believe and obey.

12. Steadfast Fred

He who believes has eternal life.

Why is that so hard for you to grasp, Moriah?

He who believes has, not will have, but has.

As DHK succinctly pointed out, the thief on the cross had no time to do works.

Your religion makes the Lord Jesus Christ a liar. Jesus told the thief that he would be with Him in paradise. But your religion says, no he will not be in paradise because he does not eat and drink daily, he does not obey, he has no works.

You can keep your Jesus, Moriah. I'll serve the One in the Bible.

#292 Steadfast Fred, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Okay, you have convinced me that you do not believe in God.

As for the thief on the cross, he feared God, God’s salvation is near those who fear Him. The thief on the cross did do works. The thief on the cross believed Jesus, the work of God is to believe in the one He sent. The thief on the cross humbled himself. God pleads with people to humble themselves. The thief admitted his sins, this is confession; he also admitted he deserved his punishment, that is regret for his sin. The thief also called on the name of the Lord, when he told Jesus to remember him when he got to his kingdom.
    You are wrong; the thief did what God said to do.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Thief did what ALL of us have to do, the ONLY thing any of us CAN do in order to get saved!

he realised that he was a sinner, that he could do NOTHING to earn salvation, and called upon the name of yeshua in order to get saved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.