1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dead Spiritually as a Result of Adam's Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerry Shugart, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Oh please. I suppose He did not tell them to breath in and breath out but they certainly did that.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of EVERY TREE of the garden THOU MAYEST FREELY EAT.
    Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Exodus 20:16

King James Version (KJV)

16Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

James 2:10

King James Version (KJV)

10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

lol

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Darrell, don't be shy. Are you insinuating someone has bore false witness against you? If so, show how it happened or who did it and how.

4. Jerry Shugart

Jerry Shugart New Member

I said earlier that the bodies of both Adam and Eve were mortal, subject to death.
    "Death" is not a substance that can enter a body. A person can die "spiritually" when he sins but "death" is not a substance that can enter a body. "Death" did not enter the body when he ate of the forbidden tree.
    I have said that already.

So the only thing new which you have added to this converation is WRONG!

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Death is not a MATERIAL substance that can enter the body!

Death is a SPIRITUAL substance that can "dwell in" the body (Rom. 7:17-18,20, 24-25) and rule over the body. It is a "law" or Principle that is manifested by "corruption" of the body.

Rom. 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Before you pervert this text again, I will remind you that THEORETICALLY the "law of sin" is not sin but Paul is speaking PRACTICALLY not theoretically and practically there can be no "law of sin" without the presence of sin because the law of sin is merely sin at work in his body.

Before you pervert this text again, I will remind you that the "law of sin" is no more metaphorical/symbolic or spiritual than the "law of my mind" is metaphorical/symbolic or spiritual but refers to the actual Law of God in the inward man that is written their by the Spirit of God (2 Cor. 3:3).

6. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? And spoil this perfect example of how we can sin against others...and be completely unaware that we have done so?

Forget it...lol. Figure it out. I will give a hint, though: you need not back up far to figure it out.