1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dealing with Fundamental Baptists

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you figure?

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why do you read the Apostle Paul? He would be disqualified from the ministry.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because he did plenty of wrong prior to his conversion. He also had arguments with some in the ministry and opposed Peter to his face. I'm sure he was quite divisive.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then this is where my Way of the Master training comes in handy. I have and am able to confront, open air preach, and get in some peoples faces.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you are correct. Maybe I should email. Dollars to donuts I dont get a specific answer.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think the biggest problems that I would have with Fundamentalists is there views regarding KJVO, and how many of them tend to take seperation to such an extent that have a hard time even fellowship with other true believers!

base this upon my personal experiences, yours might well be different!

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay sent an email John of Japan:

Dear Mrs. xxxx,

I have sent several applications & resumes for several positions in the last 3-12 months. However I have not been interviewed for a single one of them, even though my qualifications have been good. Are you swamped with applications, or is there something in my resume or cover letter that needs improvement and if so would you be so kind to tell me? I appreciate it.

Thanks..

John

8. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Two things:

1. You are NOT the Apostle Paul.

2. Even Paul had to lay out from ministry for a while. Read Acts and notice even after his conversion Paul had to leave Israel to go away to Africa to spend time proving himself and growing so he could assume an apostolic ministry. Many of the first believers were wary of Paul and rightly so. In order to assume a ministry he had to take time to prove himself away from Israel.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your opinion is not alone. Plenty of The Way of the Master evangelists have confronted me and called me a legalist!

A good fight would be this.

KJVO Jack Hyles Fundamentalist evangelists vs. Living Waters the Way of the Master evangelists

Who would win this fight? No question The Way of the Master evangelists would kick butt.

You know there is a very very very legalistic pharisee type church in Anderson, SC. I have had thought on a few occassions of driving down there and open air preaching right in front of the church. But to do so would be wrong… My open air preaching is for unbelievers!!!

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I emailed them and we shall see what they say. Perhaps we may be wrong on this one, or perhaps we may be right. Regardless I am a open air preacher and street evangelist. I am fully involved in doing that.

11. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

I remember that I was good friends with local christian bookstore owner who had a young man had his IBF church reopen a new building... Invited me to attend the openning, just requested that I wear a suite and bring KJV only!

I did that, enjoyed the ceremony, especially part when guest of honor, police chief, dedicated the building by reading IN OT the prayer Solomon made over the temple...

best part was that he read it out of the NIV!

trust me, one time only, never was read there before or again!

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're comparing apples and oranges.

When Paul confronted Peter, was his intent division, or was it to correct a wrong? Paul's intent was not to cause division within the body; it was to ensure inclusion of the Gentiles.
    ----------
    What I can't understand about you is this: You apparently had a run-in or two with the folks at this school, who still remember it. Although you seem to have forgiven them for whatever trespass against you they did, you haven't actually indicated whether they've forgiven you for the trespass you caused them; nor have I clearly seen where you actually asked for their forgiveness on the matter. Instead, I see where you continually state they are/were in the wrong, and how you think you should go preach to them about their wrongs.

Then you have the audacity to wonder why they won't hire you.

Reverse the positions, and be honest with yourself: Would you hire you? If you can honestly answer yes, but they won't hire you; then you simply need to look elsewhere for employment. If you answer no, then work on fixing yourself before you ask them for employment again.

13. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This may get you an answer or it may not. One seminary dean I know never answers his emails. He told my son to get in touch with him about a job and then when he did he never heard back. This was in spite of the fact that my son knew the man personally and had a good relationship with him from a former school.

Have you gone in person or just sent mail? Oftentimes a personal visit, with the personnel manager or whoever is in charge of hiring will show you are serious. Call for an appointment of course.

14. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I'm sure that your plan will be a viable way to get installed on staff somewhere... :BangHead:

15. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: Yeah, good luck with that approach.:laugh: