1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dealing with illegals

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Dec 15, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am for their deportation and placing our military on the borders along with a wall to stop illegal entry. Anyone caught entering illegally in the future would receive 5 years hard labor and then deported. I would make an exception to deporting some. If they have established a family with naturalized children and have no criminal convictions and been here at least 10 years I would be in favor of letting them stay with some serious conditions.
    They would be required to have a special green card and register at least once a year paying a 1000 dollar fee to process their paper work and be required to fluently read and write the English language They would have to report their residence, place of employment and re-register if any of that changed and pay another processing fee of 1000 dollars.
    They would never have the right to vote or become a citizen.
    They would be required to wear ankle bracelets the rest of their lives if they remain and they have to pay all the costs associated with them.
    Since they came here illegally they would never be entitled to any government benefits including food stamps, SS, unemployment payments or grants or government funded medical benefits.
    They could never hold any local, state, or federal job or political position.
    They could never own a firearm.
    Any drivers license, fishing license or any other recreational fees would be charged at double normal price.
    At any time they violate any of the rules or are convicted of any crime they would be automatically deported forfeiting any and all assets with no appeals.
    If they agree to these terms they could stay or be deported, their choice, them having to pay all deportation costs from any assets they may have.

#1 freeatlast, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

Much simpler to have a national ID card.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No Bill it is not. All it will do is strip away more freedoms and rights from the citizens putting them under government control and open the doors for false documentation. National ID cards will not stop the illegals.

4. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You came up with a bunch of new laws to fix the problem with ILLEGAL immigration. If folks got here ILLEGALLY in the first place what makes you think they are going to follow a bunch of new laws?

America is a big greedy place, you don't think they can find some way to avoid all your new laws and make a living?

Pipe dream

5. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Another name for "illegals" is "people," you know.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Other words for "illegal" are: illegitimate, smuggled, ineligible, illicit, unlawful, and nonlegal.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Lets see - all illegals are people
    All people are illegals -

Not so much. (see the difference)

and I refuse to use the PC term undocumented alien

They are illegal - period - I call em the way I see them

and BTW, I don't know if Bill is being facetious, but I tend to like the ideal of looking into a national ID card

8. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Don't be ridiculous. Illegal aliens (not illegals) are people. Germans are people. Jews are people. Redheads are people. Mothers are people. Brothers are people. Convenience store workers are people. None of those things is the whole of those people's identity.

Of course they are illegal, but they are more than that. They are living, breathing beings who are made in the image of God, have needs, desires, families, interests. They have as much value as you or I.

And it really pisses me off to hear people talk about them as if their identity begins and ends with them being illegal. Of course our borders need to be secure, but the Church needs to stop spouting off against them and love them as Jesus would.

9. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Yeah, sure, but we're still talking about image-bearers here, not smuggled cigars or something.

10. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Take away the desire to come here, fix the problem. Companies that hire them should pay the toll.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

==The deporatation of all illegal immigrants is unrealistic and inhumane. It is unrealistic because of the sheer numbers. It is inhumane because it would split families (take parents from their children, etc). Keep in mind that the 14th Amendment guarantees that "all persons born...in the United States...are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside". I understand that some Republicans wish to remove that amendment. However that would be very dangerous (mainly in this era of big government). Do we really want the federal government, and the politicians who control it, to be able to determine who is or who is not a citizen? I think not. Thus the amendment must stand to protect us from tyranny. Anyone born in the United States is a citizen. To deport the parents and leave the children would create a horrible orphan crisis.

==Unless they are involved in drug running or human smuggling (etc) I would not subject them to hard labor. Many of these people are coming to America because they are desperate. The border should be secured and those who cross illegally should simply be turned around. If we are going to "punish" anyone, we should punisih the employers who willfully hire illegals.

==That certainly sounds reasonable. However it would be difficult to enforce a minimum time period.

==Creating a second class society out of immigrants is a bad idea. There is plenty of historical evidence that shows the danger of a society that holds down large numbers of people within it. All it does is build resentment and create problems. Provide a path for citizenship, and that path certainly should include penalty fees. However at some point they should become full citizens.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]If they want to remain then that is what should be done or something very similar. If they are not happy with it get out or deport them and the government taking all their assets. [/SIZE]

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Certainly they should not stay in America if they are not happy with the laws and procedures we have in place. However this is a very complicated issue with many ethical, moral, and legal aspects. That is why I believe many of the Republican plans fall short of what is needed. We need a thoughtful, careful, moral approach to illegal immigration. One that deals with the various aspects of the issue.

14. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Or another way of saying it: Do we want our elected officials to represent the will of the people and change laws that are not working? The anchor-baby scam has been going on far too long.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see - being a German does not mean someone is breaking the law. Being a Jew does not mean someone is breaking the law. Being a redhead does not mean someone is breaking the law.

Oh,should I mention that murders are people, bank robbers are people, pedophiles are people, Bernie Madoff is a person, Charles Manson is a person, kidnappers are person. Of course they broke the law, but they are more than that They are living, breathing beings who are made in the image of God, have needs, desires, families, interests. They have as much value as you or I.

But you know what - The list I indicated above all have one thing in common - what they do/did is illegal!

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is why I stated what needs to be done. Some get to stay, but they lose their free ride at the tax payer expense and they also pay for their criminal offense of coming here illegally or they can leave by choice or force.