1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dear George: You've Cried Wolf Too Much!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 25, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am finding it difficult believing this most recent "crisis." It is being portrayed as the most cataclysmic event ever. If he hadn't cried wolf with the WMD's in Iraq [where there were no REAL WMD's to speak of] I think Americans may just believe his words this time around.

The true tragedy of this entire crisis is that it may truly be the crisis that pushes past the doorstep of "Depression" and enter into a new and scary time of history for America. No one can trust the President, especially when things seem so normal [except for the foreclosures going on around them] right now. For instance, yesterday my wife and I purchased an extended warranty for her car, since the current one is set to expire, and the company gave us a 24 month, 0% plan to pay for it. Of course, I'll take money from my CD, when it mature in November, and pay this warranty balance off.

My only question is, if "credit" is currently frozen and people are having a hard time squeezing money out of any bank, than my question is how come I had no trouble getting the extended warranty pay plan, and at a 0% rate??

Something doesn't smell right, and like a lot of Americans, I have my doubts.

Maybe we should simply ride this financial storm out. New Orleans and Galveston are recovering, sure there was destruction and loss of property, but, they will rebuild, and America will rebuild if just let this Storm come ashore.:tonofbricks:

That's my opinion, right or wrong, I don't believe helping these mega business survive the destructive force of this storm, which they knew was coming their way.

Shalom, and May God Bless America,

Pastor Paul:type: