1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Death penalty for fellow Christians

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, Sep 13, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, I would support the execution of a fellow Christian

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. No, I would not support the execution of a fellow Christian

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. I am unsure

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Excellent post :thumbs:

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are referring to your military service, that is a different area of discussion. Perhaps you could start another thread.
    We are not limited in who we show mercy toward.
    I don't know of any state that has the death penalty for rape.
    I can only imagine the horror of living through the murder of a loved one. I pray the comfort of Almighty God be upon them to give them peace and rest in the midst of the horror.

That doesn't change the fact that God has commanded Christians to follow the example of our Lord Jesus Christ (I Tim. 1:16) and show the same kind of mercy with perfect patience which Jesus demonstrated with the murderer Paul. Support for the death penalty is contrary to that command.
    Showing mercy is not just a "right"....it is commanded by God.
    It has been rescinded. Jesus changed the conditions for implementing the death penalty in John 8.
    Christians are not obligated to support laws that are contrary to the commands of our Lord Jesus Christ. Support for the death penalty is contrary to the command found in I Tim. 1:16.

peace to you:praying: