1. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

I have a friend who's screen name is still active on here, and she died almost 2 years ago. Do you usually inactivate the name out of respect?

2. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

You would need to inform a moderator, and I would suppose provide some proof, such as newspaper obit.

Otherwise, how would they know. Many members only come on occasionally and may be months before they visit again.

But you do bring up a very valid point

Salty

3. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

Well I don't know about proof, does Andrew still own this forum? Because it was posted in his other forum at her time of death.

Are you a moderator? If so, well I just notified of the it.

#3 crazycat, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  4. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

This board has a good number of members and as an owner of a board, you are not responsible for the day to day running of the forum. To take the time to go through all of the boards that you own in order to make sure anyone who has passed away is off of all of them can become tedious. I know that the person who hosts this site is named Andrew (not sure if he owns it though) and he also does at least 2 other boards I'm on. Remember that oftentimes people use different names on different boards as well.

You need to contact a moderator through PM and let them know the name of the user you are speaking of. Then the moderators can decide what to do.

5. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

Let the name stay.

After all, she is not dead but only sleeping. One day, if she is saved, she will hear the Master's voice and will awaken.

6. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

I realize that there are many people on here so that is why I asked,
    here is a link announcing her death on another forum. She used the same screen name here.

Since it is too late for a memorial post, can you at least inactivate her status?

7. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

You didn't put in the link.

8. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

Having the same name as someone on another forum does not necessarily mean it is the same person.

For instance, I have the name of one of my friends from another forum on this one.

There is no law that says one cannot have the same name as another.

9. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

My question would be, are the birthdays the same? are the geographical locations the same? interests? marital status?

If they are, then it is possible this is the girl. But if not, you could be erasing an account wrongly.

10. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

http://www.fundamentalforums.com/fairhaven-baptist-college/57498-for-those-who-knew-stacey-poe.html

I am so sorry I have alot of things on my mind today.

Also Fred I am not some freak trying to get accounts deactivated. I went to school with Stacey Poe, AKA Flourgirl. Her father was my bus captain for a year. We have been through alot of tough times together and we fought like sisters. I loved Stacey like a sister and I want to honor her. I was just shocked to see her account was still active yesterday.
    I haven't been on this forum for a while until yesterday.

I stopped going to forums like this because of the nastiness of people. Thanks for reminding me that is still a good reason to stay away

11. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Well, it looks like there are no purges of old members here. I looked up Stacy and flourgirl and saw both a Staci and flourgirl who have not posted in over 5 years each. On another board I go on, we will delete old time members after a year of not visiting the site (inactivity won't do it for regular members) and newer members with very few posts get deleted after 6 months of inactivity. I'm guessing they don't do that here at BB.

So basically, PM a mod and let the admins know that that particular person is no longer around and they can do what they wish. It's their board. If they wish to keep it active, that's fine. But they might want to know (and never knew that she had passed away).

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

12. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't implying you were a freak. If I came across as saying that, please forgive me.

I was merely trying to ascertain whether this was indeed the same person or not. Are you positive it is the same girl based solely on the name? Or are there other factors?

13. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

I am absolutely certain it is the same person, I would swear my salvation on it.
    Just curious why would someone go through so much trouble as I just to be wrong and hurt someone. If I didn't know for sure, why would I want to do harm to someone?

Also since you are not a moderator, what is your need to investigate. I gave all the beneficial information that is needed. And since Andrew is the Mod of this forum, isn't he that one that should be answering?

14. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

According to Clay Barnette Funeral Home Records, _______, Stacey P died in 2002. They have no Stacey after that.

15. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

Stacey P was her maiden name, not married

16. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

I blanked out her married name. Officials at the Funeral Home did not have any Stacey they handled since 2002. Shall I give you the phone #?

17. crazycat

crazycat
    Expand Collapse

So are you saying my friend is not dead? How dare you?

18. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

I just got a call. the Funeral home did find Mrs. A's records.

But again, are you sure this is the same woman as on the other forum?

19. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

crazycat,

Did your friend die the day before her birthday?

20. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred
    Expand Collapse

I am just trying to find if it is the same 'flourgirl' as on the other forum.

There are some similarities in the statistics, so could be. But info is given on one that is not given on the other.

For instance, on here, the birthday is listed. On the other, it is not.

Both profiles liked gardening, so could be the same person. But there are many ladies that like gardening.

It is possible that they are indeed one and the same person. But there is always that slim chance...