1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

debate Challenge

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible John, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I have had to have extensive dental work as well, and I do not have dental insurance. But if I had put it on a credit card, I would never have gotten it paid for, just because of the interest. Most places will work with you and formulate a planto help you get what you need and pay for it. This also worked when we had a child who had to have tests run at the hospital and we were in between insurance.

As for the debate, you wont find any scriptures to support your use of the credit cards/debt in any translation of the Bible. Maybe thats why no one wants to debate you.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I think it's funny that you come off so hard against our brothers and sisters here when you forfeited a challange you were in over at this site.

Jamie

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Theology is the study of God. Theo=God, ology=study. The bible and all doctrines contained within are Gods revelation of himself. Theology and doctrine cannot be seperated. Theology contains doctrine and doctrine is Theology.

4. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Yes and my point is that some teach against debts period. Other like myself teaxch that the bible forbids takking on debts.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I have to agree with TaterTot, I just had some work done. I had to replace a crown and two fillings. The doctor let me pay $100 and then set up a payment plan for the rest without interest.

If you wanted to, you can survive without credit cards. Credit cards are just the easy way out in my opinion.

I have two credit cards and neither of them have a balance. It's not easy, but it can be done.

Jamie

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A foolish endeavor. With motives that are highly suspicious.

7. Bible John

Bible John New Member

This is partly correct.

I have a big article on this, but its in my Palm Pilot and I need ro leave soon.

But I think if you went to bible school you would understand the difference between studying Historical Theololgy and studying the bible.

8. Bible John

Bible John New Member

15but [a]sanctify (A)Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready (B)to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the (C)hope that is in you, yet (D)with gentleness and (E)reverence;

9. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Perhaps if I had a new car. But I'm afraid my car has cost more than my paycheck many times. I live in a remote area without busses so I can only travel by car.

10. Bible John

Bible John New Member

What challenge?

11. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I will and I have.

Perhaps you can prove me or wrong, or continue to make claims.

12. Bible John

Bible John New Member

Well I claled Hanagraaf once and even he said that the bible does not forbid CC's. It only forbids not paying them. This is the difference between me and some peope.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know from what school you come from but It appears to be Liberal like Stetson University or Samford. Which ever it is a school that seperates Theology from scripture isnt worth two cents. If that were even possible.

14. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Say, John, you seem to be looking for debates, as somepone pointed out; and at the same time, you've been talking about touchet1611 a lot lately.
    Well, go to the music forum, because he is back over there, today! ("Diversity of opinion")

Did you see the PM I sent you on this?

15. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I also drive a beater of a car. a 1993 Jeep Cherokee that has more dirt holding it together that the body, since the body is rusted out because of the salt from the snow storms.

It also has about 200,000 miles on it, but it works.

I can full relate to your situtation, and I can tell you that it is possible to get out of debt and live a fairly normal life.

Jamie

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I was talking about the challenge between you and Pervy over at the other site you want everyone to go to.

Jamie

17. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Since when is Hank Haanegraf an authority?? I dont care what he says. And no, I wont debate you. You arent really out for a debate. You just want to make yourself look better.

18. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Face it Bible John, TaterTot would chew you up and spit ya out :tongue3: :wavey:

19. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I agree

I agree

Jamie

20. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Thanks guys, lol, but Tater's supposed to be on a diet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.