1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debating with an unbeliever

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 14, 2007.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

i would rather debate with an unbeliever anytime.

come to think of it - i'd much rather debate with an unbeliever than with an established christian...

2. Mike4334

Mike4334 New Member

Debate?

Lets not just stop at debating with unbelievers. I think christians are called to go as far as to plead with unbelievers. Paul and Peter do this. How are they to take you seriously if you coldly tell them a truth. How are they to consider you loving if you don't feel for their lost estate.

Next, there are many issues left unanswered in just debating. It does not always work.
    What is it to say that an unbeliever will be rational in a debate? I have met a few like this. What is to say that the unbeliever is not ok with being as evil as the devil himself? They may see God for who we say He is but hate Him.

The Holy Spirit is required to convict people of both sin and rightousness within the presentation of the Gospel. This break down barriers. This is why some christians pray for pastors to be effective.

As you can see there are plenty of barriers to cross. The Gospel cannot be impeded by them. It must be entirely free. I cannot see how it can be confined by the very sin it came to save people from. I could throw in the idea of free will in within this context but I don't feel like it. I just happen to tend toward the idea that Salvation from start to end is all of God.

#22 Mike4334, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007