1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Decisional Regeneration: Stated and Refuted

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 6, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

The only danger is to Augustinianism/Calvinism and I can readily see why you agree with him. :saint:

Never in the knowledge of men was He known as the "Sacrifice" and yet that Sacrifice is what was required to be reconciled with God and that knowledge is the ONLY way to sanctification (Spirit indwelling) and glorification.

I am merelly giving you a very comparable model. I have no idea about your salvation nor have I ever hazarded a guess one way or another. I will say this --- Even people with a "Rock solid Foundation" end up building with "wood, hay, and stubble" thereon.

skypair

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Nothing abotu you has really changed. And the more I read of your theology the more I realize its unique to you alone. Perhaps I will call it skyparianism. :laugh:

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

skyparianism? That'd be OK with me! :laugh:

But I don't believe I am alone. Last night I was just reading one of Dr Rogers sermons from notes I took. "Tracks" pretty well with what I am teaching. And he's not particularly "an original." He was just really good at what he did.

But I am very puzzled by you. I think you comprehend the points I make -- even the ones about Greek fate. I think you see that at some point salvation requires a decision on our part. I mean, you know and I know that we don't do anything we don't first DECIDE or CHOOSE to do. Your theology says you choose to be sanctified (LS or indwelt) because you believe you are already saved -- mine says you choose to be justified/saved first and then you make daily choices about how you believe you should be sanctified (as in "I die daily").

As I see it, you "have a name that liveth" but built on that name "wood, hay, and stubble." Similar to TC, you preach the gospel of Jesus Christ but are ashamed, in your pulpit, of Calvinism -- as well you should be. First, it has a whole lot of "loose ends" -- unanswered questions. Second, it uses a vocabulary that is not found in scripture and, therefore, is not easliy slipped into a sermon on scripture (BTW, one of the notes I read was this: "PANTHEISM says that God's foreknowing means He caused what happens to happen." Basically, He formed you as you would be. The essence of God is in you.). Third, it DOESN'T lead to a decision/choice -- it leads to passivity.

Anyway, you understand what I am saying. I want your "building materials" to be GOLD (God's wisdom in your soul), SILVER (God's thoughts in your spirit), and PRECIOUS STONES (God's glory in your life/body). I am challenging you to "be all that you can be" in Christ! I want to come visit you "mansion" in glory after you have applied these things to your sanctification. I don't want you to be studying what the "flash point" is of stubble or hay or wood! :laugh:

skypair

4. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Here is very simply "my theology" so to speak. God bestows effectual calling, justification, adoption, sanctification. Man exercises faith, repetance, good works, pereverance, and assurance. Hopefully that clears things up for you. Furthermore, what I have exercised by faith, repentance, good works, perseverance, and assurance, while my choices and will is fully in-tact, I have nothing I can boast about.

For you to judge of me that I have a name that I am alive (and the finishing of that text, but am dead) and that all that I have in Christ is wood, hay, and stubble, that I am ashamed of calvinism, that I am passive, and somewhat of a pantheist----is a very small thing to me to be judged of you in these matters.

The Lord Himself judges me. And I am satisfied in His judgment.

I appreciate your concern. I believe it is genuine, but unjustified. The day will reveal each man's work, of what sort it is. In the meantime I will continue to trust in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and by patient continuence in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality.

RB